VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Cola Follow Suit?

Rate this question

halos2

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Am glad too for the 5.8%. Gives me $114 more a month with SSDI and VA. I'll take it. I'll take anything more than what it is now.

Anybody have gas prices going down? Our's is now $2.53 gallon regular and premium (87 and 89 lead) Do you think the election is playing a part, I sure do. The variables of barrels going down, how convenient...ploys all over and about. Anyway VOTE!! :angry:

Yup, gas prices here in Ohio have been falling like crazy...and I'm not complaining! As for the COLA increase....I'll take whatever they want to give me. I know the smart thing to do would be to take the increase and put it away in savings.....but.....this is the real world....

• HadIt.com Elder
Test:

The 25% Parity may come at a steep price as I understand to get it 100% Veterans will have to opt out of what we have now and could be subject to a review every 3 years. The other good thing is spouses would have a fixed 65% of what the VA pays us if we pass first.

Lots of things to consider and I also understand that the VA has to do something within 9 months or so.

Keep your fingers crossed but the economic times we have stumbled into will probably have something to do with it.

Pete each veteran will have to make that decision when it comes how many TDIU vets would want that stress? But really the VA can re-evaluate any of us any time they want to. As they say you really are not safe until you reach the 20 year mark however if I can get my heart problems SC then that makes the decision a lot easier my heart is not just going to improve itself never happen I am on the 7 year review plan on SSD by the way that is coming up soon, man how time flies

This ecomnomic mess has everything messed up I would not bet on anything at this point in time

• HadIt.com Elder

Lets be realistic here folks. Has anyone ever witnessed the VA following a recommendation that is in strong favor to the Veteran population?.

I have seen them spend countless amounts of money on consulting firms and receive numerous recommendations.

The only ones that are implemented are the ones that are beneficial to the Government such as cutting benefits.

The creativity used to do this is amazing. You think you are getting something but in reality you are getting something. The old shaft.

J.

• HadIt.com Elder

I sincerely doubt we'll ever get a 25% increase, especially now, with what's going on w/the economy. Personally, I am quite please w/the 5.8% increase. That'll be an over $190 a month increase for me. Wow!!! I have enough as it is but then my wants and needs are minimal. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Phillip for people like us that get 100% VA and SSD the raise is substantial I get a 239 raise hell thats almost a car payment but I imagine you are like my wife and I we live well within our means and add to our savings monthly my wife and I are afraid the VA will find a way to reduce the 100% award and we need the savings account, we could survive our lifestyle if they cut us to 50% VA, anymore than that and our house will go on the market we hope to avoid that

but then again 7 years ago we were renting a room from my Uncle another disabled Army vet. So we have been at rock bottom and we like the life style we have now, and do not desire to lose it and we are not doing anything we think to risk that. Given all that I will take evey extra dime they give us, I like going to the Beau Rivage in Biloxi for a week or R&R