VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Cola Follow Suit?

Rate this question

halos2

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With my new VA 10% increase award of $117.00, I'll get either a $6.79 or $7.00 increase, if they round it up. Add that to my SSDI award of $1242.00 with an increase of $72.00, since I doubt they will give me the pennies. Granted I will probably be receiving my new VA award by January, I still look at it as though I am getting a $196.00 increase. That's two thirds of my food budget for a month, that includes my Cats food also. LoL

I still wonder how they come up with those COLA figures. Food costs have risen by about 30% Heating Fuel 30%, other Utilites, Phone, Satellite TV, Internet Services combined 30% or more. Just about everything has risen by 30% or more than last year, at least for me they have. 5.8% doesn't come close to compensate for the cost of living increase. Also I don't see how they can justify this across the board increase for the whole US. It costs more to live in some states than it does others. I live in a no State tax state, where other do, cost of owning a home is higher here than some, yet less than other states. I could go on and on about the differences in living from state to state or area from area even in my own state.

But like every one else, something is better than nothing and I prefer diet Pepsi, but will not turn down diet COLA. LoL

Rockhound Rider B) :P :P :P

Just a side bar. Anyone have any problems with the math? I now have a better understanding as to how far my cognitive problem is. I couldn't do the Math, I had to pull up a calculator on the web to figure it out for me. I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide, but anything over 100 or with mixed figures that deal with percentages has me stupidfiied, forget what I learned of geomitry or trigometry.

Rockhound Rider :P