Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Agent Orange Equity Response

simple fly
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

ok,it's probably a canned response,but it's still a response.i challenge more to do it.i have been handing out flyers at all car shows and parades all summer.c'mon vets..we can march on washington from our living room.

--- On Thu, 10/16/08, Congresswoman Mary Fallin <ok05ima@mail.house.gov> wrote:

Subject: Reply from Congresswoman Mary Fallin

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 3:54 PM

October 16, 2008

Mr. Jim D. xxxxxx

5800 xxxxxxxxx

Shawnee,xxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 6562, the Agent Orange Equity Act of 2008. Understanding your ideas and concerns is important to me, as it helps me to better represent you and the Fifth District of Oklahoma.

As you may know, H.R. 6562 was not brought to the full attention of the House in the 110th Congress and I did not have the opportunity to vote on it. Currently the House is adjourned and is not scheduled to reconvene until January 2009. Because of this, legislation that did not reach the House floor for a vote will likely not be considered this year. However, I am committed to representing your views and working with other Members of Congress to make a positive impact here in Washington. I have made a note of your comments regarding the Agent Orange Equity Act and will keep them in mind if this bill is considered in the 111th Congress.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your ideas and concerns. As Congress continues to address the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and views with me. However, due to increased security measures, mail delivery may be delayed for up to two weeks. Accordingly, I encourage you to visit my website at www.fallin.house.gov to contact me via email in the future. While visiting my site you may also sign up for my e-newsletter as well as find useful information about issues facing the 5th District.

Sincerely,

Mary Fallin

Member of Congress

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I again have to make this point- the vet outside of Vietnam or outside the limits of the Korea AO regs- still has to prove exposure to AO.

Unless a miracle occurs and certain areas in addition to Vietnam and the southside of the DMZ are declared as known sites where the spraying occured.

BWN Vets could have this clearly spelled out in the regs as to their possible exposure-if Haas ever succeeds.

What the AO Equity Act might do is gain better attention from raters as to reading the claim to see if there is proof of exposure-regardless of where the vet served -

for vets not covered by the AO regs now.

I cannot state it any clearer than MSGT Preiessman stated in a previously classified CHECO report. That report states AO was available and utilized for perimeter defense at all Thailand installations and a letter from the Air Force and Senator lane Evans futher enforced this use....Damn it people we have already won on AO get off your ass and picket your VARO(s) and let your senators and Representatives know....

I am in an AO fight with VA for a period going on four years and I am not about to giveup. I will let my lawyer do the things he does while I do what I do and that is Picket.

And Kurt has published all the documents he used at many web sites-

They are available for any other vet to use.

If you fall into the time and place scenario of the CHECO report etc----and you can prove your MOS put you at the perimeters of the many installations where there was confirmed spraying of AO in Thailand-

any vet in this situation should have their claim properly adjudicated.

I personally think the ROS threw alot of AO claims into the Haas moratorium that have NOTHING to do with Haas.

As Rich Cohen of NOVA said at SVR radio show I did- file a Writ of Mandamus if you are in the Haas moratorium but have a claim based on Direct exposure to AO.

Kurt was a dog handler and his MOS was to be on the perimeter with the dogs-for security reasons -Thailand Military Installations.

Many if these dogs became ill and died of unknown causes.

Obviously the mil sprayed the perimeters just as they did on the soputhside of the Korea DMZ to keep the view clear.

These dogs were exposed to dioxin just as any vet whose MOS put them on perimeter duty was.

The AO vet community owes Kurt Priessman a lot of credit for the meticulous work he did- to get a decision like his from a regional office is also outstanding.His MOS provided him the probative basis for his claim- all he had to do was prove they used AO where he was.

And that was a relentless job for him.

He has shared his documents and everything he got under FOIA at numerous web sites for others to use.

(and is a member here at hadit)

He was my guest at SVR radio right after his award.August 6th 2008

The show is in archives and can be heard via PC media player

at Stardust Radio.com

Berta I have been trying for almost four years to receive an award based on exposure to agent orange. I have submitted buddy letters, a 1999 decision in which the BVA awarded a Veteran 100% disability based on exposure to Agent Orange. The Clincher is we were both stationed in Thailand from august 1969 to Augsust 1970. While the case is non precentent the CAVC told the BVA on remand that based on the fact that the place, time, and circumstances were so similar that they had to tell me why if they rule against me on material facts of the 1999 case. Their recent decision which was negative failed to address that decision. I have had the same Acting Veteran law judge "D. Reiss" since the initial board hearing. Yes I did present Kurt's recent Checo report attesting to the presence of

agent Orange and in addition the letter that the Air Force sent to Senator Lane Evans.

Plan to submit a request for reconsideration. I will be able to recluse "D. Reiss" from anothe decisoion and have three veteran law judge review my case denovo. If this fails I will once again appeal to the CAVC who was critical of the BVA on my last turn of the hampster wheel. Have Karl Kazmierczak as Counsel.

My MOS or AFSC in the Air Force was 65190 Contracing Speicalist and that encopasses construction contracts and the periodic oon site inspections of those projects. That placed me on the Base Perimeter where Agent Orange was sprayed.

Edited by rthomass

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>