VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vfw Speaks Out Against

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I think I am the one who started calling it this---

WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE THIS STORY DOESNT DIE!

Send it to your Congressmen/women and Senators- and contact any news media outlet you can-

I have sent it to numerous vets orgs and to many lawyers who rep vets-

It is slowly getting into newspapers- but is sure on the net-

you men and women have been slapped in the face enough by the arbitrary and downright capricious nature of the VA-

those terms were use by VA itself many years ago to convince veterans that the claims process was NOT arbitrary and capricious-and that every claim would be handled fairly.

when a governement system can destroy documents like this-claims and evidence that affects the lives of vets, widows and dependents-it is more serious than we think-

and this time veterans have to do something about it.

It takes mere minutes to email your congressional reps- a letter is better- still volumes of email to them can sure show them what their veteran constituents deal with.

We also owe that to the men and women serving today in the military.

This has to STOP.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf101708-3.htm

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, I write regular postings to Daily Kos as Bill O calls it that radical left wing group

Here are the blog postings I wrote about this mess

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/16/1.../003/614/632979 Thursday's

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/13/6.../013/513/629004

Monday October 13th

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/14/1...9/49/419/630115

Tuesday October 14th

I asked all of them to contact their Congressmen and Senators also the more pressure the better I asked them to demand accountability and not let this get swept under the rug

WELL NOW I KNOW ,AS I SUSPECTED , WHERE ALL MY REQUEST FOR SCHOOL ATTENDENCE FORMS I SENT IN WENT.I POSTED A WHILE BACK I HAD SENT IN

THREE AND FINALLY PAID $5.32 RETURN SIGNATURE TO GET IT THROUGH.

AND THAT IS PROBABLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG I CANT AFFORD TO PAY THAT AMOUNT EVERY TIME I SEND THEM INFORMATION. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, I FIGURED ALL ALONG HALF THE INFORMATION WAS NOT GETTING IN RIGHT HANDS. I HAVE SENT FOR COPY OF C-FILE WITH NOTARIZED SIGNATURE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM . WHEN I GET IT I WILL KNOW WHAT THEY DUMPED AND KEPT . IT BETTER ALL BE THERE.

Yes and I have been reading them- I blog at the VCS site and also am at ALLVETS, Inc, veteransinfo.org, Mil.com etc-

As Jim or Larry said this AM at Watchdog- if WE dont keep this story going and put pressure on COngress to do something about it-I forget how they put it- but we are condoning this crap unless we take a stand-

THANK YOU Mike for doing this-

I feel vets advocacy is just about useless- if the VA is destroying veterans files and evidence-

No one knows how rampant this is or how many vets and widows have been affected-

Keeping on top of the claim via Iris or 800 does not seem to work either-

The BVA told me my claim is at the AMC-as of 9-25-but the VARO told me it is at the BVA and coming back to the Buffalo VARO on Sept 7th.

The AMC in DC told me this AM they have my AO claim and have no date whatsoever for any return to the VARO.

You cant get a straight answer anywhere at VA these days-

I have nothing to do today , So I got online and copied and pasted and sent this story to major news papers in Ny, NY, LA Calif, Chicigo Ill , Orlando Fla,And Baltimore,Maryland. Hope it stirs the soup a-little. get online and send it to five of your choice, There is links to do that on almost all of there site's. VARO's diserve what they get. Hope I can help spread the news ,we already knew was happening , maybe it will straighten it out for a few Vets.

Macool

GREAT Rick- if you google VA veterans shredder you can see how far this has gotten already- COngressman Filner (H VAC) and Senator Akaka (S HAC) have already made statements -

WHat Peake said was a 'handful' of claims is described at other sites as boxes and stacks of open claims-