VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update-varos In Turmoil

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Full story-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf101708-7.htm

UPDATE: VA'S REGIONAL OFFICES IN TURMOIL AS MANAGERS SEARCH FOR "MISHANDLED" PAPERWORK

VARO management teams to spend weekend "dumpster diving" -- VAOIG looks to expand investigation -- Congress briefed, may investigate possible criminal intent.

by Larry Scott

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Skunk, if you have proof you notified them then the error is theirs and not yours. I would immediatly to ask the amount be waived.

That is the rule. If the error is caused by the VA then it is their baby, not yours.

J

• In Memoriam

Cheri,

What is meant by ""expect the other shoe to drop" and "veterans are not going to like the results" is code for now the VA will use this as an excuse for all veterans claims to be staled even longer than before.

This is the way that the VA operates with Veterans Claims. If they, the VA, are exposed they will use it as a deterrent to file claims.

Everybody here knew the VA was shredding documents, for years, or at least thought it. Sometimes I think this is an actual attempt by the VA to eliminate its own-self. Think of how this can be used, against a Veteran, and you will see where the other foot drops.

Cheri,

What is meant by ""expect the other shoe to drop" and "veterans are not going to like the results" is code for now the VA will use this as an excuse for all veterans claims to be staled even longer than before.

This is the way that the VA operates with Veterans Claims. If they, the VA, are exposed they will use it as a deterrent to file claims.

Everybody here knew the VA was shredding documents, for years, or at least thought it. Sometimes I think this is an actual attempt by the VA to eliminate its own-self. Think of how this can be used, against a Veteran, and you will see where the other foot drops.

I've been fighting my claim siince 2004 and no end in sight. My appeal has been (alledgedly) handed to three different raters this year. Every time they change it, they tell me it'll be another 2 months before the rater can get to it. Like, I'm supposed to even notice if they stall me further?! :P

• HadIt.com Elder

Delay it part of the game and it goes back a long way. It took me form June 1991 till Nov 1996 to be awarded 100%. Just don't give up. I think that things are going to get better after January 2009

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I hope you are right, a lot of it will depend on the next Sec of the VA, if Max Cleland gets it, or Wes Clark Chuck Hagel or anyone along those lines there is hope for change if we get another QTC exec then there will be no change

Wow, think about it. Records vital to proving your claim sitting under piles of garbage at a landfill that essentially kills your claim in its tracks, this is the dirtiest of dirty and low down. I knew they were bad but I never expected this, I kinda chalked it up to laziness, purposely denying claims but nothing this rampid and bad as shredding disabled veterans records to deny claims and to think they just got caught at it, makes one wonder the extint of the damage done to the veterans that would never be known, Wow..............I guess they are willing to go to jail for those bonuses..