VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update-varos In Turmoil

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Full story-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf101708-7.htm

UPDATE: VA'S REGIONAL OFFICES IN TURMOIL AS MANAGERS SEARCH FOR "MISHANDLED" PAPERWORK

VARO management teams to spend weekend "dumpster diving" -- VAOIG looks to expand investigation -- Congress briefed, may investigate possible criminal intent.

by Larry Scott

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Delay it part of the game and it goes back a long way. It took me form June 1991 till Nov 1996 to be awarded 100%. Just don't give up. I think that things are going to get better after January 2009

I think its just matter of time before the VA is completely in nun dated with claims. The Boston VARO keeps denying everyones claims including mine. Thats not just coming from me, waiting in th VA hospital at Jamaica (shit hole of VA Hospitals) Plain i hear my fellow vets upset with all their claims denied. Peoples lives jobs and welfare depends on these rating decisions, peoples lives family lives are on the line here.

I just dont see how the VA continues to abuse veterans and theirs no over sight and the continued due process violations.

I'll just throw my comment into the ring here. If it were up to me i would sell all the va properties in america and the territories off. I would take the proceeds from the sales and put them into a locked federal account no touching by anyone.

Then i would use the interest from that account and put every veteran on blue cross blue shield medical and dental. Veterans

could go to any doctor. Further the comp and pension department disolved and their phony exam ssam evaluations gone.

The only remainder of the VA would be voc rehab and adjudication and the home loan dept thats it!!

Possibly some other depts kept as required.

I just can't fathom whats going to happen when the majority of troops return. I don't see this war ending any time soon and further i see more wars developing.

Good movie to watch where i think America is going weather wise The day after Tomorrow with Dennis Quaid.

Eventually we'll get into it with Russia and then some one will pull the hammer and it's gonna be lights out.

Like they told me in elementry school in 1960's don't look at the light duck and cover.

The Boston VARO is a complete mess they are denying decisions to close claims and to keep the claims system from overloading

unfortunately you can only play that game so long and then no matter how hard you try you still become overloaded.

Social Security is just as bad friend of mine tells me he's been waiting 3 years now and still fighting with them for his benefits.

If you know anyone filing or getting ready to file a claim in VARO Boston, Massachusetts word to the wise from experience DON"T DON"T!!!! I have been waiting for over 2 1/2 years. Still no rating decision. You may not see any posts about VARO Boston trust me when i tell you its the worst of worst. Lying ass low lifes in Boston.

Be well take care GRENT

I think its just matter of time before the VA is completely in nun dated with claims. The Boston VARO keeps denying everyones claims including mine. Thats not just coming from me, waiting in th VA hospital at Jamaica (shit hole of VA Hospitals) Plain i hear my fellow vets upset with all their claims denied. Peoples lives jobs and welfare depends on these rating decisions, peoples lives family lives are on the line here.

I just dont see how the VA continues to abuse veterans and theirs no over sight and the continued due process violations.

I'll just throw my comment into the ring here. If it were up to me i would sell all the va properties in america and the territories off. I would take the proceeds from the sales and put them into a locked federal account no touching by anyone.

Then i would use the interest from that account and put every veteran on blue cross blue shield medical and dental. Veterans

could go to any doctor. Further the comp and pension department disolved and their phony exam scam evaluations gone.

I would keep voc rhab and other depts as required.

can't fathom whats going to happen when the majority of troops return. I don't see this war ending any time soon and further i see more wars developing.

Good movie to watch where i think America is going weather wise The day after Tomorrow with Dennis Quaid.

Eventually we'll get into it with Russia and then some one will pull the hammer and it's gonna be lights out.

Like they told me in elementry school in 1960's don't look at the light duck and cover.

The Boston VARO is a complete mess they are denying decisions to close claims and to keep the claims system from overloading

unfortunately you can only play that game so long and then no matter how hard you try you still become overloaded.

Social Security is just as bad friend of mine tells me he's been waiting 3 years now and still fighting with them for his benefits.

If you know anyone filing or getting ready to file a claim in VARO Boston, Massachusetts word to the wise from experience DON"T DON"T!!!! I have been waiting for over 2 1/2 years. Still no rating decision. You may not see any posts about VARO Boston trust me when i tell you its the worst of worst. Lying ass low lifes in Boston.

Be well take care GRENT

• HadIt.com Elder

When I started going to the VA in 1991 I quickly found out that many Veterans like me were lured into Volunteering for tests to earn a few bucks. I was paid 100 dollars to test for pylori in stomach and than 100 dollars to treat it and than 100 dollars to est again.

I was paid to test to see if the Doc could develop a test that would tell if a subject was likely to develop alcoholism. I made 2 videos to demonstrate to Medical Students how in interview someone with Panic Disorder.

There were several others including several unwanted and unnecessary spinal taps so that Docs could learn how to do them.

I am sure that there was other stuff I don't remember or they did not tell me.

So the VA is an important part of teaching new doctors as well as a place for poor veterans to get medical care.

I have long been an advocate of selling most of the VA except for a few major centers or opening up for poor and giving all Veterans and I mean all honorably discharged Veterans proper health insurance. I would accept CHAMPVA and dance every day. I would also accept the same insurance that Congress has.

I think that in a the next few years rural Veterans will get an Insurance Card.

If Universal Health Care was done that would also be helpful

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If you got the same insurance as members of congress then your medicare would be primary and your insurance would cover all of the other costs if you stay in the PPO network which is huge for BC/BS. I get that insurance now but I pay for it over $300 a month. My wife was in hospital for a week and her co-pays and deductible on a 34,000 dollar bill was 100 dollars. ChampVA will pay that once they get their act together. Any provider in the network has to accept what BC/BS pays. It is good insurance and a major benefit for federal employees. We could do away with the VA system except for those who are in need of long term care.