VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection Migraines

Rate this question

MSGT JOHN

Question

I am a new member,to make it short I was a Army Reservist activated for Desert Storm. While Training at Aberdeen Maryland I was given my shots to go overseas.2 days following the shots I was taken to the emergency room with Head pain.Later I was sent to Walter Reed and they cleared me for overseas duty.While on duty in the Gulf I was subjected to a explosion and granted 10% tinnitus and 0 % hearing loss due to accustic trauma .During desert storm I was given medications for headaches,my discharge physical stated headaches.The headaches continued over the years while out of the Army and I controlled them with OTC drugs not seeing a doctor.I had no insurance and felt the OTC drugs were doing there job.Now this year I was diagnosed by a VA physician that I have classic migraine headaches.The pain within the last year has been unbearable, for this reason I seen a VA doctor.

Do you feel I should file a claim for service connection,after all these years,aftrer self medicating myself on OTC drugs?

I have the hospital admission papers that show I had head pain training in mop gear and elevated b/p.While transfering between units during the war all my medical records some how got lost,which was stated in my VA comp decission for Tinnitus and Hearing loss. Again I do have the Hospital admission and Walter Reed paper work that was given to me at the time and the medication jar for headaches scripts(stored with my Gulf War Memorobilia)Msgt John

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The big thing is that you have a nexus between the meniers and the migraines.

My father in law has it and it is terrible.

Good luck

John