VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spinal Tumor Removal... Rating

Rate this question

ebgbz

Question

DaNang RVN '69-'70. Plasmacytoma (Multiple Myeloma) presumptive for Agent Orange exposure. How would it be rated with appliances installed for tumor and damge resection. Should be service related.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PS- this vet got 100% for multiple myeloma due to radiation exposure- this isnt an AO claim- but the criteria for ratings for this disability are found in this decision:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp96/files3/9622751.txt

Berta,

the rating for MM should be the same regardless of the cause. I have reviewed and copied the ref. decision. I'm just not sure how to incorporate it in to the 21-526.

What is the SSA disability award for?

If it is completely for the multiple melanoma, then you should apply for VA comp at the 100% rate-

were you ever hospitalized for 21 days in a row for anything to do with treatment of the melonoma or it's residuals?

Do you have a vet rep?

The VA know full well that this condition is AO presumptive in any vet who served in Vietnam.

Have you formally filed out a 21-526 yet?

If not- I suggest you attach a TDIU form to it as well- if the SSA is solely for the melanoma.

I will attach if yuou need this form.

In the claim ask the VA to apply the provisions of the Nehmer COurt Order and Stipulation.

The date of any retro comp they owe you will be the date that you file this claim.

You sure might be able to squeeze one more year of comp out of them if the SSA award is solely for the melonoma-

and If they ever denied you on this exact claim for SC in the past -you might be entitled to some mega bucks-in retro- hard to say- not enough info here yet-

You sure need to file thios claim ASAP and will need to file a 21-526 if you never filed claim with VA before.

Berta,

It is Multiple Myeloma...not melanoma.

8 days hospitalization for tumor removal, spinal cord decompression...

have a vet rep... He says that I have already done what the would do with the 21-526.

I did serve in RVN...DD214 shows VSM...no problem there.

SSDI was awarded immediately on application for unemployablity due to disease and surgery results.

What are the provisions of Nehmer Court Order and Stipulations?

21-526 ready to be filed ...have submitted an informal claim notice. Waiting for two more letters from the docs. at Moffitrt Cancer Center...as there was no VA treatment.