VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim In Appeals Question

Rate this question

combatmedic2004

Question

OK, so long story short I had to appeal my claim for PTSD after being denied after two C&P's. I finally got my 3rd C&P moved to Huntington, WV and of course my diagnosis with PTSD was confirmed by the examining physician.

So they made a decision on my claim on 9/17 according to whoever answers the phone at the VARO down there. The first person I talked to told me that they service-connected me but the final rating decision has not been made. I then called a couple of weeks later and the person who answered the phone this time told me that she could not see that I was service-connected and that they are not allowed to disclose that information until it gets final approval.

So my question is, how long does this take? A decision was reached over a month ago. I figure that the first person I talked to erroneously told me that I was service-connected (At least I hope I am right about that although I do have some worry).

Anyone know the process/time frame for this part of the claims ordeal? I'm about to lose my mind. I'm sick of being called a liar.

Thanks much.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have a POA at huntington? DAV. AL or someone else. If you do get them onthe horn and insist they check into your claim. All they have to do is walk down the hall.

I had a claim decided by them several years ago. They were fairly good but still lowballed the rating which is BAU. (Business as usual)

One of our members just received a very large award through the Huntington Office. Maybe she will chime in and give you some contact information.

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

Dont forget that 50 puts you inthe Pri group 1 and wout can ask for refunds of all med copays and ect back to the effective date.

J

THanks for your help. Do I need to go in and specifically ask that they give me my co-pay money back to that date? I would assume I have to and if so, do you know how I can do that?

Also, I had to hire a lawyer. I think he is only allowed to charge up to 20% of my retro for his services? Honestly, I was so worked up over being denied I didnt pay attention.

• HadIt.com Elder

Call your local VA and talk to billing. Ask them to Audit your account. Sshow them the award letter and the effective date to the folks who do the means test. You need to update and make sure your in the system at 50 percent anyway.. The check will be slow in getting there but it will come.