VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ts, I went to this site: http://www.spacea.net/faq.html#eligibility

There are several aditional sites that provide excellent Information.

J,

What are you quoting from? Please provide a link to the information you cited.

Is there any other advantage you can think of that would warrant a trip to another state 2+ hours away to change out the color of my ID card other than lodging and Space A travel?

I no longer live near a military installation or reserve unit that issues ID cards and it was a major fiasco (two trips, had to produce promotion orders from 20 years ago - who says being a pack rat is a bad thing? nobody who's ever had a VA claim, that's for sure) to get the one I have.

Thanks,

TS Snave

J,

Thanks for the link.

However, after checking my ID card and my spouse's ID card, I am confused.

I am 100% SC and am not military retired. Earlier this year I was issued the DD Form 2765 ID card and my spouse was issued the DD Form 1173 ID card.

However, BOTH ID cards are the buff/butterscotch colored card. They are the identical color though they have different form numbers on them. They also have different info on the cards.

We are both authorized patrons for Exchange, MWR, and Commissary. On the back in the "Medical" square it has the following:

DIRECT: NO

CIVILIAN: NO

So, here are my questions:

1. Is there another color ID card on the DD Form 2765 other than the buff/butterscotch?

2. What does "MWR" mean that we're autorized to use?

3. I do not believe we are authorized to use Tricare - just the VA and CHAMPVA. Is this your understanding as well?

The main reason I got the cards was to make sure my spouse had one if I died. Also, I figured as a disabled vet that most hotel chains would accept this for the military/government discount and we do travel, though seldom, to visit family.

Thanks,

TS

Edited by tssnave

Guest johnson123

I want to thank you all for responding to my topic. The webpage posted for benefits does prove that service connected in the military in the hospital for 9 months, grants me benefits.l This is in my code on my card. the webpage posted had excellent information, thanks again.