VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I get to go fishing on a lot of posts.

That is worth it.

J

Actually you will still have to have the required state and post fishing license.( some are free) And if you are from out of state you are usually going to pay a premium for the license....

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

A JAG officer cannot legally be your POA for VA claim purposes it is called a conflict of intrest. As a retiree I can not even get a JAG officer to represent me in any court of law. JAg officers also have no legal authority outside a military base or military setting. You may have gotten lucky and gotten advice from a JAg officer due to the ignorance of someone in that office because only active duty and retirees are authorized legal aid. But to be sure a JAG can never act as an attorney for a retiree in any legal preceding and this includes acting as a POA for va claims. Unless things have changed in the last year (which is when I last used Jag at Randolpha AFB ) I think you are sadly mistaken in you advice concerning legal services.

Yes,

you can stay at any Military Lodge around the world. I have a book, Titled Temporary Military Lodging around the World, listing numbers and such. Once Overseas, I do believe you are entitled to use the base for Doctors...I may have read this somewhere. I have been to Camp Pendleton, and plan to go to Halekoa? Hotel in Honolulu. All numbers are listed in the book and it can be purchased at the PX. I hope this information is helpful to you.

If you are not active duty, a retiree or dependant of such you cannot use an American Military Hospitals overseas.

Each military base has the authority to decide if they will or will not honor your Id card for temporary lodging. As a retiree I am not even sure I can get a room at a military base. Some bases will allow you to use their facility some will not. It will depend on how many rooms are available at any given time.

I've travled all over the world since I retired in 1986. Fort Sam Houston, Fort Gordon will not allow retirees in the post lodging. Randolpha AFB did last year, but I understand they stopped accepting retirees in Oct 07. Some post will only open up to retirees during certain months of the year.

x

x

x

VA Services and Benefits for U.S. Veterans Living Abroad

Information and assistance is available to U.S. veterans worldwide at American embassies and consulates.

Virtually all monetary benefits (compensation, pension, educational assistance, etc.) are payable regardless of place of residence or nationality. Reimbursement for medical care for injuries received while on active duty likewise is available for veterans living outside the United States. The purpose of this web site is to offer U.S. veterans living overseas a place to review VA benefits, offer assistance in obtaining those benefits or follow up services, and to direct you to other services and points of contact.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Foreign/index.htm

Any american can get assistance at any American embassy and cousulate. You do not have to be a veteran.

Actually, I do have A-Space Flights, I came across something interesting when I checked my ID Card 2765, which states Medical Direct/no, Civilian/no..but if you Google the ID Card you will find you are still eligible for Tricare. I do not make this statement and truth or not, I only state what I read. Also check card 1173 and find out what your benefits are under your ID Card. Mine States, I'am not a civilian. I'am not Military Retired.

More bad information .. Tricare is reserved for active duty, their dependents and retirees and their dependents. You cannot use Tricare without an active duty or retiree Id card, or the ID card of a dependant of active duty or retiree.... Doesn't matter where you got the information it is wrong.