VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sec Peakes' "handful" Turns Into

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf102308-7.htm

In part:

"According to a person involved in the conference call, Walcoff told the VSOs that they found 423 (later revised to 489) documents critical to veterans' claims in VARO shredder bins across the country. "Critical" means that the document was necessary for the veteran's claim to be properly adjudicated by the VBA.

The biggest problems were at three VAROs. 259 of the 489 documents were found at Columbia, SC, St. Louis, MO and Cleveland, OH."

"An investigation is ongoing at Cleveland (58 documents)."

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I wonder, how the DoD is going to weigh in on this issue? What about the National Archives, what's their position? Any comments from other Federal Agencies that "share" with the VA? Social Security? I'm certain the VA's electronic system of records is outsourced, but this fiasco is all of human design (and malicious intent) . . . ~Wings

This is so sickening. As I kept saying " all you have to do is read the evidence from 39 years ago to present, and the dr IMO's that validate it...how can you not see it?" Well guess what...St Louis is where my evidence was, and was sent, and where was given to in my hearing, and yet continued to be denied, and is at BVA...and the years go on, and the beat goes on...and I sit and wait, wait, wait.

This is outrageous!! :lol:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfoct08/nf102308-7.htm

In part:

"According to a person involved in the conference call, Walcoff told the VSOs that they found 423 (later revised to 489) documents critical to veterans' claims in VARO shredder bins across the country. "Critical" means that the document was necessary for the veteran's claim to be properly adjudicated by the VBA.

The biggest problems were at three VAROs. 259 of the 489 documents were found at Columbia, SC, St. Louis, MO and Cleveland, OH."

"An investigation is ongoing at Cleveland (58 documents)."