VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Accrued Benefit Check In Hand

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I just received my acrued benefit check for eight months back pay on a 10% increase award from 0%. I held it and looked at it and can't believe it finally came and only took a little over 10 months total. Now all I got to do is figure out sho should get paid first, that I owe or are a bit behind on paying. I only owe one bill that is past due besides my VA medicine co-pay and only three others that I am behind because of when my SSDI check comes in. But it is nice all the same to finally reach the light at the end of this tunnel at least.

I guess I will celebrate with a sit down meal I don't have to cook myself. Maybe even some warm house slippers or boots to keep my feet warm this winter, if theirs enough left over.

Just like to let you know so I can put a end to this posting about my increase claim for a Nasal Fracture with Deviated Septum due to Trauma.

Now I can concentrate on my other claims.

Rockhound Rider :lol: B) B) B)

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rock

That 10% is the lever you can use to crack open the vault door of the VA. You can build on it. I started at 10% many years ago and pecked away until I got TDIU.

("Rockhound Rider B) Why did it take so long for this process? Something is wrong here?Maybe you have a posible Clear Unmistakeable Error in your file ? Once again Congratulations on your endeavours.")

Ricky: My main problem for the past 35 plus years has been one of two problems or both. One, which has been the road block in my whole claims process, is that my original diagnosis was for a schizoaffective disordor. The VA said was a personality disorder.

Whether or not I had a schizoaffective disorder or not, my life has played out like I had one. Not really being schizophrenic, nor psychotic to the point of being hospitalized, except for that one time. I have had major depression episodes that have plagued me all my life, a few times I got help and othe times I tried miserably to deal with it my self, which leads to my second possible problem. A closed head injury resulting in a minor cerebral concussion, that may be related to recent quantifiable results, that suggest I suffer from both an organic depression disorder and an organic personality disorder with severe executive cognitive dysfunction and minor dysfunction in other cognitive functions.

So I can truthfully say that I have been hampered by mental problems that make it very difficult for me to process and control certain aspects of my life. Procrastination to the point of ignoring it or forgetting something altogether seems to be the biggest hurdle I have been trying to overcome. By concentrating on my claim, I tend to have deficits or problems in other parts of my life. My health was one, work was another, and now my social circle has dwindled down to one person besides a long distance relationship with my brothers and sister and to those like yourself I meet on the internet.

I could and I suppose you could also write a book about our lives since our days in service, but I find it even too difficult to even try to write a paperback size story of western fiction. I love to read anything about the old west, whether it is historically correct or of pure fiction for intertainment. I thought I could write my own story line, but can't even get past the first chapter. The book is more for my intertainment and theripy, than for publication.

If you have read my other posts, they seem to include more infor than they need. I can't help it, I think that it might have something to do with my problems, but without the proper help and insite from others, I can only surmise and wonder how much is related to my problems or how much is controled by my environment, social or otherwise.

Anyway, regardless of how things in my life are going right now, If I am going to resolve that part of my life I feel is responsible for how I am now, I must put all my conentration into my claims effects and hope the other aspects of my life do not spirile to far out of control, that I can never get back to my core center again.

Rockhound Rider :lol: B)

p.s. one item I am trying to control again, is my claim records and information, by putting each page in a pertective sleeve and binder, so they won't get damaged or scattered about and lost or misplaced, so they will be where I can get to them much easier than in the past. one or two things at a time is about as good as it gets for me these days.

Edited by Rockhound

Rockhound,

Congrats on the award!!

Being schizo is not a pd. Here's some quick, easy to read info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

Do you have the resources to get an IMO from the forensic shrink that helped Josephine? Or from a shrink who is familiar with SS disability claims (that who helped me win my claim - nobody local does VA claims but the shrink who does SS claims understands the general system which helps a lot).

That would be new and material evidence that could possibly reopen your psych claim.

I know what you mean about the troubles living with a mental illness cause. Hang in there and good luck with your claim.

TS Snave

Rouckhound. Thanks for your post concerning your award. Your blessing gives those of us who are still waiting on compensation decisions a bit of hope.