VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Ptsd / Tdiu / P&t

Rate this question

BlakePaigeStone

Question

Dear HadIt.Com;

I just received a letter from the VARO-St. Paul, MN stating that they are scheduling another/new C&P Examination for me. I was rated P&T on May 30, 2002; and the rating report stated that there would be no future examinations scheduled.

Why am I now receiving this letter? Does anyone know why there are service-connected examinations being scheduled for P&T awardees?

I am also in the Philippines, so will the VARO require that I take this exam at the VAMC-Hawaii or here in VA-Manila Outpatient Clinic?

Any comments, information, or suggestions are welcome. Please advise!

I also received VA Form #21-4140, (Employment Questionaire), from the VARO-St. Paul, MN which was dated August 1, 2008 ...on October 20, 2008 because the VARO had added the words "FPO Philippines 600" to my address. This caused the mail to be delayed for over 60-days ...once it was transferred to the Philippine mail system. My mailing address, of-record, is a U.S. Embassy mail system address ...which usually gets my mail to me in about 5-to-10 days.

Since this form reached me after the deadline, it may have triggered the new exam in their system ...automatically. I now have been notified that the deadline for receipt of the form has been extended to the end of December, 2008 because all veterans were not sent their forms on time. These annual employment questionaire forms are for TDIU-rated veterans only. I'm still waiting for a response from VARO-St. Paul, MN after I emailed their "completed" form to them; and sent the "completed" hard copy by U.S. mail.

• HadIt.com Elder
I also received VA Form #21-4140, (Employment Questionaire), from the VARO-St. Paul, MN which was dated August 1, 2008 ...on October 20, 2008 because the VARO had added the words "FPO Philippines 600" to my address. This caused the mail to be delayed for over 60-days ...once it was transferred to the Philippine mail system. My mailing address, of-record, is a U.S. Embassy mail system address ...which usually gets my mail to me in about 5-to-10 days.

Since this form reached me after the deadline, it may have triggered the new exam in their system ...automatically. I now have been notified that the deadline for receipt of the form has been extended to the end of December, 2008 because all veterans were not sent their forms on time. These annual employment questionaire forms are for TDIU-rated veterans only. I'm still waiting for a response from VARO-St. Paul, MN after I emailed their "completed" form to them; and sent the "completed" hard copy by U.S. mail.

The VA has been pulling this crap on lots of TDIU vets this year. Sorry this happened to you --and thanks for the heads-up for all of us with that same rating (myself included). VA Watchdog has a whole story or two on the issue. Hopefully, that "extention" the VA gave you will cancell out the need for a future exam. ~Wings

http://www.vawatchdog.org/index.htm

IMPORTANT UPDATE: VA ACKNOWLEDGES DATE ERROR ON

UNEMPLOYABILITY LETTER, EXTENDS DEADLINE (10-26-08)

Date for unemployable vets to respond to income verification

letter is now extended to December, 22, 2008.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: VA'S DELAYED MAILING CAUSES REDUCTION IN

BENEFITS FOR UNEMPLOYABLE VETS (10-23-08)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS THE VA FAKING DATES ON INCOME VERIFICATION

LETTERS TO UNEMPLOYABLE VETS? (10-16-08)

Below is the email being sent out by the VA... and please note, IU vets now have until December 22, 2008, to respond to their Income Verification letter:

Subject: FAQ on Individual Unemployability (IU) Benefits Letter

To: NCC Managers

Cc: PCT Coaches, VSC, IRC and PMC Managers

On October 22, 2008, the Office of Field Operations (OFO) provided information and guidance on the Employment Questionnaire (VAF 21-4140) problem. Corrective action has been taken to resolve this situation.

In the interim, it is anticipated that this situation will generate questions directed to our call centers and the IRIS Response Center (IRC).

The following FAQ is to be used in answering both telephone and IRIS inquiries regarding this situation:

Question: "I received a letter from VA dated August 1, 2008, that my IU benefits are going to be terminated 60 days from the date of this letter if I do not respond. I just received the letter on (date) and the 60 days have passed. What do I need to do?"

Answer: We are aware of the incorrect date on our letter containing the employment questionnaire, VA Form 21-4140. Please complete the form and return it to your Regional Office no later than December 22, 2008. Your benefits will remain unchanged. If you do not return the form by December 22, 2008, then you will receive a letter proposing to terminate your Individual Unemployability benefits. Once you have received this letter, you will be given an additional 60 days to return the completed and signed form. If VA still has not received the form at the end of the 60 days, then your VA benefits will be reduced to your basic combined disability percentage rate.

Please ensure that this information is widely disseminated to your appropriate staffs immediately.

Blake .... most likley you will go to the VA in manila.. i am also in the philippines and the reason for your new CP could be are you taking your meds? and if your PTSD do you see a doctor for your service connected disability... many come to the PI and think oh well i can stop the doctor thing now i am in another country...the once a year trip to the clinic is not enough to keep up your disability status... they know your not working so they must think if your not seeking help why.. i see a private doctor 2 times a month and turn in a report every year... they will allow you to see a doctor 2 times a month for service connected disability thru them .. but i dont trust their doctors so i see my own...

Blake ... are you taking meds... ??? Are you still seeing a doctor at least once every 2 months.. are you PtSD? If so you need to see a doctor even if its on your own.. cost is only 30 dollars max for a one hour appt.. i turn in every year at my yearly physical a report outlining my visits to my private doctor.. I dont trust their doctors... VA manila is where you will go....

• HadIt.com Elder

There are a lot of vets that had their 21-4140 mailed on August 1st and didn't receive until October. Go to VAwatchdog.org and you can read all about it. You need to fill out the form and send it back, ricky-tick, via certified mail, return receipt requested. Then send a IRIS to the RO explaining what happened. You may not even be required to go to this exam after all. You never know.

We know by now we can't depend on the VA for much. Jim Strickland said the best (and pretty much only) thing to do about these forms is set a reminder once a year on your computer, calendar or wherever and download the form yourself and send it in ahead of time. Don't wait for the VA to send it to you. Remember, as always, keep a copy, do the certified, return receipt mail thing.