VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Was Found At Waco Varo Shredder

Jayg

I don't knoow if this is worth anthing at all but thought it might be of some interest. Neither do I know how far to credit the source.

I called the Texas Veteran's Commission and in speaking to a person there asked how bad was it with the shredding room report there.

What I was told was that the documents found out there were only a couple of duplicates extra to the originals still remaining in their proper place in the files.

Just an FYI.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if the VSO's know what is really going on? They only have offices in the same place? Really makes you speculate about it.

I am interestes in the scope of thi sproblem. Of course the biggest question is how long has it been going on. I think for several years.

You Vets with active claims, It would be wise to be redundant and send in more than 1 copy of anything.

This has the potential to really get ugly in the next couple of weeks.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Well that was one day and they had a heads up before it was checked. Since I used WACO I will admit that when reviewing my C File except that it was in very poor shape until my third Hearing Officer got it and put it into order I have no real problem with them taking care of all the paper work.

This said almost every veteran I know who reviews their files finds plenty to not be happy with including strange and erroneous assumptions and disregard for the evidence that is in the file.

Just my 2 cents is all

• HadIt.com Elder

I think this will vary from RO to RO, just like any other VA scandal. This isn't a top down problem as much as it is a management problem at the RO's. Just my $.02

Stretch, that was a good response that I got a chuckle out of... :lol:

In all seriousness Rental, I agree with your assessment.

I truly believe there are many personnel at the various RO's who really try and do the "right thing" for Vets claims and things such as this latest "shreddergate" revelation just cast as cloud over them as well since the entire VA is looked upon negatively.