VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Berta....

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, I have a good friend that I have known for 30 yrs or more, who lives in NY.. He lives in the Albany area. Several years ago, he had his colon removed and almost died. He has asked me if I know any attorneys in NY, that handle VA claims. I sent him some info on AO, but I do not no any attys in the NY area. Perhaps you could help him in this area, if you can I will forward the info to him and try to get him on Hadit.com. Any help you could give would be much appreciated. Thank you.

T&B

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If he filed a NOD after June 20, 2007 or he has a case at the CAVC there is a list of attorneys at the CAVC site as well as at the NOVA site- National Organization of Veterans Advocates.

And also in his Albany phone book- which is bigger then mine- my towns phone book is less then 3 pages.No lawyers in it

If this regards a malpractice issue- I didnt have a lawyer when I won settlement and have no one in NY to recommend.

I only had a lawyer for my CUE claim for about a month. I did not feel confortable with the fee agreement.

Still if you google Malpractice attorneys in NY they will pop up-or find them in phone book too-

If he has colon cancer that is a soft tissue sarcoma and he served in Vietnam this should be a relatively easy AO award-If he served in Navy and is claiming BWV AO he might have better chance at claiming asbestos aboard his ship caused the colon cancer.He could file both types of claims.The older recommissioned ships in the Seventh Fleet most likely were full of asbestos.

He will be dealing with the Buffalo VARO same as me so he will be in for a long wait if he has not filed the claim yet.

• HadIt.com Elder
If he filed a NOD after June 20, 2007 or he has a case at the CAVC there is a list of attorneys at the CAVC site as well as at the NOVA site- National Organization of Veterans Advocates.

And also in his Albany phone book- which is bigger then mine- my towns phone book is less then 3 pages.No lawyers in it

If this regards a malpractice issue- I didnt have a lawyer when I won settlement and have no one in NY to recommend.

I only had a lawyer for my CUE claim for about a month. I did not feel confortable with the fee agreement.

Still if you google Malpractice attorneys in NY they will pop up-or find them in phone book too-

If he has colon cancer that is a soft tissue sarcoma and he served in Vietnam this should be a relatively easy AO award-If he served in Navy and is claiming BWV AO he might have better chance at claiming asbestos aboard his ship caused the colon cancer.He could file both types of claims.The older recommissioned ships in the Seventh Fleet most likely were full of asbestos.

He will be dealing with the Buffalo VARO same as me so he will be in for a long wait if he has not filed the claim yet.

Thanks Berta. He has not filed a claim as of yet. I told him I will help get the ball rolling for him on the informal claim just to get the date set. Also told him to start gathering all evidence and letters IMO'S ASAP. Told him about the Buffalo varo also, as they have a residence in florida, I suggested he use the St. Pete varo instead. Thats who I used and did not have much problem on initial calims. Thanks again.

T&B