Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Test Post + My View Of The Va

joe_lyn
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Hi to All and I have to say this is the best site for me that I've found on the web my story is toooo long and going nowhere fast to comment about here but I thought some might like one of my "Statement In Support OF Claim" that I recently sent to the VA:

To what GOD in the VA does one sacrifice one's self to get a copy of his Official Military Personnel File?

I have been trying to get my records since March 22nd, 2007.

So far the only thing I have received from the VA has been the FALSE PROMISES of a system designed to mesmerize and deceive this country's veterans into believing you are there to help them and an incomplete copy of YOUR file on me.

Let me state for the record that this letter is NOT a reflection on the majority of the VA's employees, but rather a condemnation of those "powers to be" within the Department of Veterans Affairs that use words and phrases more damaging then any weapon I saw in Viet Nam. It is my personal opinion that the VA is the ulitmate Stealth Weapon unleashed against our veterans! You fly under our radar with phrases like "duty to assist" and "non- adversarial". What do those REALLY mean? If "duty to assist" means you'll help me get my military records then I suggest you rephrase that to read "duty to assist when we feel like it"; likewise, "non-adversarial" should read "non-adversarial as long as you do it our way."

I have tried to negotiate the twisted paths within the VA only to discover that I am at war. The pathways through your system are lined with mirrors; the hallways are full of smoke and floors pocketed with pungy sticks. Everything seems to be designed to ensnare the veterans. Your camouflage is so good that most vet's never see the trip wires

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome joe_lyn and thank you for your service. You should contact the NPRC, in St Louis, for your complete military file. At least you can find out if they still have it, there, or if it's been forwarded to the VA. Try

https://vetrecs.archives.gov/VeteranRequest/home.asp to get your records.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Also fill this form out and send it in. Maybe you have already done so but this is the official form.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/VA3288.pdf

Good Luck.

J

Also fill this form out and send it in. Maybe you have already done so but this is the official form.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/VA3288.pdf

Good Luck.

J

J,

Do you know of a form that I can send to Social Security to have them send my late husbands records to the VA? I'm already in appeals and if they remand my case to get those records themselves it's gonna be another 3-4 years atleast before all is said and done.

ANY

Thanks for your reply. I have filed and filled out that form several times yet I still have not gotten the records I've requested yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

sjh4951,

As his spouse, or next of kin, I would send a letter requesting a certified copy of his SS records, be sent to you, and then, after photocopying them, forward them to the VA. It may cost you a few dollars for the certified copy but the VA will accept it as evidence, if it's certified. You are correct that if you request they be sent directly to the VA it could take 3-4yrs. It took them 5yrs to get mine and they were across the hall and one flight down, in the same building.

pr

J,

Do you know of a form that I can send to Social Security to have them send my late husbands records to the VA? I'm already in appeals and if they remand my case to get those records themselves it's gonna be another 3-4 years atleast before all is said and done.

ANY

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>