VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"through The Looking Glass"

Rate this question

Ron II

Question

Have you ever heard of an IRIS inquiry to check on the status of another IRIS inquiry?

See below:

Reference: IRIS Inquiry xx xxx 08, The Department of Veterans Affairs has received your 'Status of Claim'. You should expect a response from us within 5 business days. Your inquiry number is 'xxxxxx-xxxxxx' as shown...

This is an IRIS inquiry to find out the status of the IRIS inquiry cited above. I am concerned that I have not received a reply [a month] days after I submitted the inquiry, notwithstanding the VA comment that "You should expect a response from us within 5 business days."

Should I re-submit my original inquiry? Your assistance is appreciated.

Thank you...

Edited by Ron II

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tag, Ron, I have this one. The answer is the same I recieved, think 'canned reply'. I got a second response later more information. Dont think this has anything 'personal' to you. If 5 days are up, go for it again and let them know whats needed.

Hope ya hear somethin soon,

Cg

Tag, Ron, I have this one. The answer is the same I recieved, think 'canned reply'. I got a second response later more information. Dont think this has anything 'personal' to you. If 5 days are up, go for it again and let them know whats needed.

Hope ya hear somethin soon,

Cg

Hi Cowgirl!

Long time no talk... No, I don't think it is personal...I think it is ineptitude.

Cheers!

Ron

Hi Cowgirl!

Long time no talk... No, I don't think it is personal...I think it is ineptitude.

Cheers!

Ron

Why do you always have to use big words that I do not understand? I spend half a day reading your posts and the other half looking up words!!!! :angry:

Why do you always have to use big words that I do not understand? I spend half a day reading your posts and the other half looking up words!!!! :angry:

Well, when you were a clown you understood everything. :P

You talked more too.

Ron

Happens more than you think...I find it may take them up to 17 days to respond, with messages sent every 2-3 days are you going to answer my question from 8 days ago, 12 days ago, 16 days ago, etc. Then they give such vague material I wonder why we try that way sometimes.