VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Claim Process And Expectations

Rate this question

MARINEVET

Question

This claim is 5 years old. When I call the 1-800 number I am told nothing, and my VSO is too busy to take a call or return any voice mail. Please look at the enclosed and comment where you think this claim is at in the decision process and estimate how much more I will need to do to get a decision.

On July 21, 2007 my case was remanded for the following action:

1. Schedule am appropriate VA compensation examination to determine the etiology of the veterans's current depression disorder - inparticular, for a medical opinion indicating whether it is at least as likely as not, (I.E., 50 percent probability or greater) that any current depressant disorder is the result of military service. The designated examiner must review the claims file for the veteran's pertinent medical and other history, including a complete copy of this remand. The examiner should discuss the rational of the opinion, whether favorable or unfavorable.
  2. Then readjudicate the claim in light of this and any additional evidence. If the claim is not granted to the veteran's satisfaction, send him and his representative a Supplemental Satement of Case and give them time to respond to it before returning the file to the Board for further appellate consideration.
On October 15, 2008 I received a letter stating to the effect that the nearest VA facility would schedule me for a mental health C&P examination.

On October 20, 2008 the local VAMC called to see if I could be come in for the C&P Examination on October 21, 2008

On October 21, 2008 I accomapanied by me wife, went to the mental health C&P examination. During the examination I was asked a lot of questions, given some math problems and a series of memory examinations. The doctor refered to my C file while performing the examination and asked me about my in service illnesses and depression. At the conclusion of the examination he said, it is at least as likely than not your depression is service connected. He added, your military medical records contain entries of your diagnosis for depression and treatment thereof. In closing he stated with caution, I am rating your major recurent depresion at 100%.

On October 27, 2008 I personally hand carried a ROI request for a copy of the C&P report. I was told it would be mailed to me within 2 to 3 weeks.

What can I expect now? Where does my case go from here? Can I expect to wait another year or more for a decision?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question