VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Don't Know Where To Turn Next...

Rate this question

drftit808

Question

Hey guys, i'm new so not sure i'm even posting in the right place. I'm stressed to the max and don't know what to do or who else to talk to. I'm getting absolutley no support here and feel like i'm just getting blown off.

Here's the short story:

The beginning of this year we deployed (navy) and I suddenly lost 22 pounds (using same workout and diet routine that gained me 17 pounds 4 months prior) I started waking up with numb hands and tingly arms and just being totally out of breath for hours. I started having dizzy spells and feeling nauseous like i was going to pass out. I kept ignoring until we came back from deployment where i finally went to the ships sick bay. They told me i needed to go to the hospital. At the hospital i was diagnosed with "possible hypoglycemia" and just told to "eat more". The next day i started having the sweatiness, dizziness and fainting feeling. Again... i was told to go to the ER. Here's where it get's interesting.

At the ER i was on the EKG and talking to a tech and remember saying "i think i might pass out", apparantly my heart stopped for 16 seconds and when i came back i went totally stiff and had a seizure. SO i got to stay there for 4 days and of course got no diagnosis... I was told to wear a heart monitor and come back. I came back, had an ultrasound of the heart done and had to wait for 2 MONTHS! to see him again. I just saw hime yesterday, did a tilt table test with no results and told to wait another month! to see the neurologist then he'll try and see me again. I've been being seen for other things in the past few months while they pulled me off the ship, put me LLD, and did a abbreviated medical evaluation board such as unknown testicle pain, sharp neck pain and stiffness, ear infection, etc...

My EAOS is in april leaving me only 5 months to figure this thing out and all i'm getting is "reffered" for moths at a time. A disbled marine buddy of mine is telling me i need to get a med discharge. I've been talking to DAV and the VA with no help at all. Everyone has the same thing to say "wait and see what the docs say", the docs that won't see me for months at a time.

My mom thinks it's all caused by the 3 anthrax vaccines they gave me and put me in contact with the VHC who i wasted $50 sending a copy of my medical record to and of course have seen no results "wait and see"...

I'm at a loss here and super stressed, i'm not allowed to work or drive and don't know where else to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah i've been in medical nearly everyday but keep getting the same attitude. "wait and we'll reschedule you", (i.e. having to wait more than 2 months to see a cardiologist and another month from now to see a neurologist) THey just keep pushing me out until my EAOS, giving me the run around... What to do, i'm so lost...

I've never heard of those, i do get a sharp pain in the left side sometimes and have told them but they didn't look at it. They're focusing solely on the heart which all test are coming back normal. =\ I'm also working with the VHC, they believe that it may have something to do with the 3 anthrax vaccines that the navy gave me but still nothin there in the past 2 months... I'm 22 and know this will be an issue the rest of my life. I don't want to reenlist but doubt i'll be back on a ship anyway... I'm just overwhelmed with all of this, it's been almost 4 months since my heart stopped and still no diagnosis... what to do?

As a career Army guy, I can only offer the recommendation that you reenlist only if you really want to remain in the military for the period of reenlistment. I mean no disrespect to anyone here, but suggesting to reenlist to allow more time to have an illness/injury diagnosed is uncommon in my opinion.

And...yes, the military could very well require you to serve out a contract to which you agreed.

The recommendations that you save every single piece of paper related to your medical situation is

right on target.

Maybe i could reenlist as a reservist... I'm just worried that i'm going to be out with no medical help and unable to get a job or even worse due to my condition... =\

What help is your chain of command providing? I'm not familiar with the Navy's version of a First Sergeant, but that person should be made aware of the problems you are having in getting your condition taken care of.

If no one else is helping...see your commander under his/her open door policy. Heck, when I was a First Sergeant, I was the person who took two pregnant Army wives (not on the same day) to the hospital when their husbands were at military schools elsewhere. Your chain of command should be involved.

Ron