VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Don't Know Where To Turn Next...

Rate this question

drftit808

Question

Hey guys, i'm new so not sure i'm even posting in the right place. I'm stressed to the max and don't know what to do or who else to talk to. I'm getting absolutley no support here and feel like i'm just getting blown off.

Here's the short story:

The beginning of this year we deployed (navy) and I suddenly lost 22 pounds (using same workout and diet routine that gained me 17 pounds 4 months prior) I started waking up with numb hands and tingly arms and just being totally out of breath for hours. I started having dizzy spells and feeling nauseous like i was going to pass out. I kept ignoring until we came back from deployment where i finally went to the ships sick bay. They told me i needed to go to the hospital. At the hospital i was diagnosed with "possible hypoglycemia" and just told to "eat more". The next day i started having the sweatiness, dizziness and fainting feeling. Again... i was told to go to the ER. Here's where it get's interesting.

At the ER i was on the EKG and talking to a tech and remember saying "i think i might pass out", apparantly my heart stopped for 16 seconds and when i came back i went totally stiff and had a seizure. SO i got to stay there for 4 days and of course got no diagnosis... I was told to wear a heart monitor and come back. I came back, had an ultrasound of the heart done and had to wait for 2 MONTHS! to see him again. I just saw hime yesterday, did a tilt table test with no results and told to wait another month! to see the neurologist then he'll try and see me again. I've been being seen for other things in the past few months while they pulled me off the ship, put me LLD, and did a abbreviated medical evaluation board such as unknown testicle pain, sharp neck pain and stiffness, ear infection, etc...

My EAOS is in april leaving me only 5 months to figure this thing out and all i'm getting is "reffered" for moths at a time. A disbled marine buddy of mine is telling me i need to get a med discharge. I've been talking to DAV and the VA with no help at all. Everyone has the same thing to say "wait and see what the docs say", the docs that won't see me for months at a time.

My mom thinks it's all caused by the 3 anthrax vaccines they gave me and put me in contact with the VHC who i wasted $50 sending a copy of my medical record to and of course have seen no results "wait and see"...

I'm at a loss here and super stressed, i'm not allowed to work or drive and don't know where else to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am not a healthcare professional in any sense of the word, but when my husband had a seizure out of the blue, it turned out to be a pituitary tumor. Have you seen an endocrinologist? Had an MRI or CT Scan of your head? An endocrinological disorder can mess up all different functions of your body, and shut you down in no time flat. Involves all different functions of your body. If it's some kind of gastric infection, like acute diverticulitis, that would also explain a lot. That takes an upper and lower GI series test. Been there, done that, too.

Insist on a DX before you get out. Once you're damaged goods, you're of no use to them. Having a seizure on his records pretty much sealed the deal for my husband, and even though he served over 20 years, he was still better off with a medical discharge.

Yes i keep asking to see someone but they know that i'm leaving soon and make all of my appointments at least a month out from each other. So i'm seeing the neurologist 26nov then "we'll see where to go from there". How can i demand to be seen? I need to figure this out. My mother just called and told the OK Congressman about the situation so we'll see if he gets back to me with anything.

I'm not trying to complain and I really do feel ridiculous sitting in medical everyday getting the "you again?" looks. I just found this site and figured most of you have been in a similar situation and could offer some insight (which you have) and I really appreciate it.

So, i'm going to psd today to see what they say about me trying to reenlist with this undiagnosed condition and if they say i'm unfit for duty then i'll go back and try and start my med sep. From what i've been told from some other disabled vets they will try not to give a diagnosis because it's an "admission of guilt" on their part. Anyway, i'll let you know what they say, thanks again for your suggestions.

If you are not a PGW I dont think the presumptives for undiagnosed illness will help you-

I think you need a civilian doctor's opinion.

I am a civilian so I dont know-if you can be refered- I just thought you yourself could get an outside opinion.Not sure of that- a veteran will have to answer.