VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc & Limb Loss

Rate this question

lynno

Question

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but could not find an answer. I am 60% service connected, 50% loss of right leg below the knee and %10 PTSD. Anyway my question is would I qualify for SMC due to limb loss?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

at 60 percent you should draw $1012.00 provided you are single with no dependants.Are you paying life insurance premiums? or some other deduction?

Your numbers dont add up. If you are not paying extra file the cue for it is what it is.

John

Edited by jbasser

At 50% s/c with a spouse and a child your rate would be $850 per month and with SMC K (additional $91) you'd be at $941 a month which is close to what you are reporting....

I'm not sure what to tell you, are you receiving a nonservice-connected pension as the greater benefit perhaps?

You could simply call your POA and ask him/her whether or not you are already receiving the "K" award...it a relatively easy question for them to research and answer quickly.

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but could not find an answer. I am 60% service connected, 50% loss of right leg below the knee and %10 PTSD. Anyway my question is would I qualify for SMC due to limb loss?

jbasser,

With all due respect, I was responding to his more recent response clarifying that he is 50 percent combined. It was not an attempt to show anyone up and I'm sure you'll see this is the case if you read the entire thread from the beginning.

Regardless, the compensation amount doesn't add up and we're going to need more information before anyone is going to be able to help resolve this question.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not mean anything by posting it. I agree we need more info. I think I have it figured out. He is getting his SMC minus a Life insurance premium.

Peace.

J