VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssoc-got It Today

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got the SSOC today, apparently, the VA psych doctor who treats my husband saying he is at 70-100% isn't ENOUGH evidence to grant 70-100%. They denied again. What should I do now? They even read the NOD and said that the appointment that was on a Saturday happened because even though it was "input" on Saturday, the appointment happened. We have no record of it. Clearly, they (think) they do. Anyways, what should we do now?

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Belle,

Is your husband presently receiving Social Security for PTSD, as he

is not employed and it is clear from his doctors letter, he is

not capable of working.

Has your husband turned in the TDIU form to the VA for 100% for his

illness or unemployability.

By all means do not give up. Your husband deserves better and so

do you.

Do exactly as the two John's have posted.

This letter is a " Very Clear and to the " Point" letter of

your husband's condition and his inability to work.

I was given 100% P%T and my GAF of 40 was never mentioned.

I fought those idiots for 7 years this last time around. It

was worth it in the end, but it almost turned me into someone

insane. I guess with the last C&P this past August, after their

7 year fight, I proved, I was.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

This is the only doctor he's seen since we've moved to the Savannah area. We have another letter from his previous treating psychiatrist, and it is almost exactly the same, without the rating percentage included. She didn't understand all the rating mess, so she didn't feel qualified to put that in there. SO, we have letters from the last TWO treating psychiatrists, both almost the same statement, both letters in the VARO's hands, and still we're turned down. I have the fax number that someone (I won't say who) provided me and I'll send it out today. You want me to hand write the letter? We found out today that my husband is being dropped from one of his classes because he can't keep up, even with the tutor and he's apparently missed tests. It is turning out to be a very bad day and it's only 10:30 in the morning. Hopefully the sickness from yesterday will stay away long enough for me to get stuff done. Thanks for being here, yall! I'd have quit a long time ago if it weren't for you.

Is this the only Doctor your husband has seen.

After studying the claim and the SSOC I feel that the VA is stuck onthe 50 Gaf score and are oblivious to anything else.

The Doctor did state he was 70 to 100 percent in his opinion.

I engourage you to write a letter by hand to the VARO DIrector and Service center manager. Ask them to cue themselves on the basis that the person who wrote the SSOC is no medical professional and he cannot diagnose or evaluate the severity of an issue. Only a Licensed medical professional can do that. All he can do is apply the rating schedule to the issue and according to the doctor, the rater is not correctly applying the rating schedule to your husbands claim. Again, this is cue. If you can get your hands onthe fax number fax it to them tommorrow.

ALso keep on the opriginal path. Fill out the form 9. I dont like going to the BVA as I think it is only Remand central whwere the BVA and RO play catch with a claim as it takes way too long to decide.

But the bottom line is this. We all have to do what we must. Our survival is our number one priority.

Keep the faith. It will happen.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

How do I keep it local?

Belle

The letter you posted from your doctor should have been enough to get your husband TDIU. A GAF of 50 is what I got and I got 70% and eventually TDIU. Your doctor is saying point black that your husband is unable to maintain employment due to his PTSD. I don't know what could be more specific. Maybe if you can get your shrink to refer you to one of his pals he can write an even more point blank letter. I think the VA is just trying to hope you and your husband go away because you have enough for TDIU in my opinion. I had three IMO's before I fianlly got P&T. The VA clung to every excuse to not grant me this. Keep it local and keep fighting. The should have already granted IU and I believe what John said about a CUE. They did not apply their own regulations correctly. You can write on the Form 9 that you want a DRO Hearing if you have not already got one. You can appeal every decision the VA makes right at the VARO.

• HadIt.com Elder

We have NOT applied for social security because he's in school. We figured they'd deny it anyways. BUT, I'm thinking we need to go ahead and apply seeing how he's been dropped from another class. We've also not applied for TDIU. I have no excuse for not filling out that form. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Hi Belle,

Is your husband presently receiving Social Security for PTSD, as he

is not employed and it is clear from his doctors letter, he is

not capable of working.

Has your husband turned in the TDIU form to the VA for 100% for his

illness or unemployability.

By all means do not give up. Your husband deserves better and so

do you.

Do exactly as the two John's have posted.

This letter is a " Very Clear and to the " Point" letter of

your husband's condition and his inability to work.

I was given 100% P%T and my GAF of 40 was never mentioned.

I fought those idiots for 7 years this last time around. It

was worth it in the end, but it almost turned me into someone

insane. I guess with the last C&P this past August, after their

7 year fight, I proved, I was.

Always,

Betty

Edited by SouthernBelle

Southern,

I would be requesting a reconsideration or NOD and DRO (as John said) if you

haven't had one yet.

I do not feel a claim for CUE fits at this time.

I don't know if VA will accept your request for them to CUE themselves as there

has not yet been any Unappealed Final Decision (you still have appeal's to pursue).

Also, in any CUE you must state how the CUE would manifestively changed the outcome.

jmho,

carlie