VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gaf Score

Rate this question

peb1

Question

GAF score of 43 ,,,, SSD approved August 2008 claim for PTSD , and other mental illnesses.... will the SSD help my claim? thanks.....

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

peb1,(1)if you got a vertifiable inservice stressor(2) You been diagnose with Post-traumatic stress disorder.(3)your vertifiable stressor is the reason you have ptsd.You will be granted a rating.I see you been diagnose with ptsd,you have meet the first reguirement.A gaf score of 43 is very serious,but va take more into consideration when giving a rating,but your SSD will play a big part in getting a higher rating if it is all mental.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

jbasser that would be a slam dunk. I guess they let that pilot try to soon. I wonder why they did not wave him off?

• HadIt.com Elder

They did a wave off but t he pilot ws new. Instead of using the rudder the pilot inverted the plane and slammed into the tower.

One of our members was actually on the flight deck working a catapult when this occurred.

Ironically this pilot's younger brother also went into the Navy and was killed 9-11-01 while working at the Pentagon.

J