VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help

Rate this question

roadking

Question

Hello to all,

I have a question, My father in law is a Vietnam Vet with a couple Purple Hearts and is rated at 60% for PTSD and wounds to the legs. He just got rated 4 months ago he never went to the VA after getting out of the service. He also has a very bad heart and lungs do you think he can put in a claim for these conditions as secondary to his PTSD

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Concerning TDIU. I believe the vet must be rated least 60% for a single disability or at least 70% combined rating (one of which is at least a 40%). What about extra scheduler or appealing/re-opening the claim(s)?

If a veteran's SC disability prevents him or her from attaining substantial employment it does not matter what their SC % is.

The VA, when they award 70%,will be triggered in most cases to send the vet a TDIU form and consider them for TDIU.

There is absolutely no reason for vet reps to often say to a vet that their SC rating is too low for TDIU application if it is under 70%.

Thje only thing that controls TDIU or 100% awards is the medical evidence itself.

I got a NSC Vietnam vet (nada SC rating) TDIU in 4 months.He had never been to VA and had never filed a claim before.

I sent him the TDIU form and told him to refer to and attach the medical evidence he had- he had a PTSD diagnosis from a private shrink and years of documented PTSD treatment.

My husband had 30% PTSD, sent them the TDIU form and went to 100% SC P & T PTSD.

They never referred to his TDIU form in the decision-but the medical evidence he had (when they finally read it all) awarded him 100% P & T.

By filing the TDIU form this protects the earliest entitlement date on a TDIU award-

And if the medical ecvidence warrants it- as I mentioned here before- they can award one year prior to the TDIU form date-if the vet received SSA award solely for the SC condition one year prior to filing the TDIU form.