VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Sc Claim Nearly Put To Bed

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

As I said in a previous post, my accrued award check had arrived and now I have my first monthyly check in hand. All that is needed now to put this part of my claim to bed is for them to start making direct deposits of my monthly award check into my bank account.

Even as I speak, my claim for secondary problems due to the above mentioned claim has begun the claims process. I got a letter today letting me know that the claim is now on file and they are working on it, they will be in touch with me, should they need additional evidence to support my claim or if any is needed. The simplicity of the issues at hand make it hopeful that they can award the claims, since the highest rating for these additional problems, at this time would only be 10% for each of the two different problems.

So I will keep you all apprised of any progress I hear about. The original claim was for a SC nasal fracture with a deviated septum due to trauma, rated at 10%, the two additional claims are (1) equivalent to painful scars, 10% and sinusitus and rhynitis due to trauma and deviated septum, 10%. These aren't much, but it's something worth going after while I perfect my TBI/cognitive dysfunction claim, which also may finally put the erroneous personality disorder, inadequate type, to wrest and associated with the TBI like it should have been in the first place and not as a alternative diagnosis of a schizoaffective disorder I was diagnosed with while in the service and for which I was discharged as well.

Updates will be foreth coming as I get them.

Rockhound Rider :mellow:

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yay Rock, glad to see things smoothing out for ya.

God Bless, Best to ya,

Cg

As I said in a previous post, my accrued award check had arrived and now I have my first monthyly check in hand. All that is needed now to put this part of my claim to bed is for them to start making direct deposits of my monthly award check into my bank account.

Even as I speak, my claim for secondary problems due to the above mentioned claim has begun the claims process. I got a letter today letting me know that the claim is now on file and they are working on it, they will be in touch with me, should they need additional evidence to support my claim or if any is needed. The simplicity of the issues at hand make it hopeful that they can award the claims, since the highest rating for these additional problems, at this time would only be 10% for each of the two different problems.

So I will keep you all apprised of any progress I hear about. The original claim was for a SC nasal fracture with a deviated septum due to trauma, rated at 10%, the two additional claims are (1) equivalent to painful scars, 10% and sinusitus and rhynitis due to trauma and deviated septum, 10%. These aren't much, but it's something worth going after while I perfect my TBI/cognitive dysfunction claim, which also may finally put the erroneous personality disorder, inadequate type, to wrest and associated with the TBI like it should have been in the first place and not as a alternative diagnosis of a schizoaffective disorder I was diagnosed with while in the service and for which I was discharged as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yay Rock, glad to see things smoothing out for ya.

God Bless, Best to ya,

Cg