VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are Any Iraq War Vets Getting Gulf War Syndrome?

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

I looked at some symptoms and i have them all, including scoliosis that was never there before i joined, but is there now. Does anyone know if this is happening to others? If your a Gulf War vet can you tell me what you did to find out or make your claim, because i'm hitting on all the symptoms i can read about.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

there is a presumptive period for the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue and various undiagnosed conditions which you may fall into providing where and when you were deployed. I am from the 87-91 Era. Getting an opinion from an outside doctor is helpful, as well as statements from any other group which is researching the illnesses you have. Make sure your POA has entered these into your C-File. Every time you visit the VA Hospital or any other doctor, try to get the same verbage included in your records. If everyone, from every corner including any past visits to ER, doctors, etc. say the same things, inclusive of a nexus statement, you should have enough to support your claim. Make sure if you get SSDI that verbiage mirrors the others. There are many different issues which can be secondary to other primary issues. Try to establish which are primary and which are secondary or "because of this I have this..etc.". Getting a clear group of diagnosis, clear list of syndromes & symptoms and getting a doctor to have input on how each effect your ability to work, function in society, living day to day, etc is not only helpful to managing your life, but managing your claim. If you are multisymptomatic and scattered it is harder for the doctors to help you and more difficult to make a proper claim. If you do not fall into the presumptive category for these things it can be even more torturous. Add the component of cognitive difficulties and you can struggle even more and risk losing your claim. Make sure to document every call, meeting, document, etc regardless of how small. Hope this helps. Email me if you have further questions or want to work out some details. I have all the crazy symptoms too and didn't fall into presumptive category so I know how hard the dance is for this type of claim. Currently 70% SC with PT/IU. 6 years later..... You are not alone.