VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowe’s, Home Depot Offer Discounts

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lowe’s, Home Depot offer discounts

By Karen Jowers - Staff writer, Posted : Monday Nov 3, 2008 17:27:12 ESThttp://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/11/mili...counts_110308w/The Home Depot and Lowe’s, the world’s largest home improvement retailers, once again are offering a 10 percent Veterans Day discount to active-duty service members, reservists, retirees, veterans and their immediate family members.The Lowe’s discount is available Nov. 6 through Nov. 11 on purchases of up to $5,000 in U.S. stores from merchandise in stock and special order. The maximum discount would be $500. The discount does not apply to sales at http://www.lowes.com, previous sales, or purchases of services or gift cards. To qualify, you must present a valid military ID or other proof of service.

The Home Depot discount is available Nov. 6 through Nov. 12 on purchases up to $2,000, for a maximum discount of $200. The discount is offered at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center locations. To get the discount, you must provide proof of military service when checking out, and the discount will be applied at the register.

In addition to providing military discounts at specific times during the year for the last several years, the two retailers extend benefits for their employees called to active duty, and actively seek to hire military personnel after they leave the service.

Other efforts include The Home Depot’s Project Homefront, in which $1 million and 1 million volunteer hours have been donated to help military families with home repairs while their service member is deployed.

"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

...and Lowes will do it also. All you have to do is when you are ready to check out say "Do you offer the 10% Military discount like Home Depot?"

And then they have to give it to you!!!

But the key is you have to say "Home Depot"!!!! I bought carpet at Lowes for almost my whole house this summer and saved huge bucks!!!

Home Depot and Lowe's already give military discount regardless. Home Depot only gives it to you on Veterans Day. Home Depot will not give you military discount with a sale just to let you know. Lowes gives you both regardless...together... if any day of the year there is no sale you still get your military discount or veterans discount if you show your military id or retiree card only at lowe's.....hate to say it. I live only 5 minutes from Home Depot and 30 minutes from Lowes...but for the simple principal of the fact where do you think I go?