VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award Letter

Rate this question

johnson

Question

Veterans, I have a award letter from service ,dates of service are stated on award letter, the award letter states you service of us navy Is p&t for your term of service ,I have no listed medical In the award letter.to collect on any medical compensation the award letter just states you are p&t total. for your tetm of service, If I am right I shoud not be In the navy at all I served 8 years, and have proof of In hospital for 9 months, also on award It Is stated this award Is granted for no hospital or Injury or recuperation, now hospital daily records show the 9 months in hospital In the line of duty. I am trying to get award letter back to the date I went into navy until I was dicharged from navy, I would also like to ask,what Is the best way to go? also have copy of my navy discharge I was not present for medical exam for discharge, all this was found in my navy records, I think a legal cue, should bethe main issue the jag tried to get records from varo. they did not respond to his request, however the jag stated he did not need records and stated let me do my job, there Is a possibleably he his getting infromation from washington va thanks for your help and I am 100 % for what I have no Idea va never sent me a copy of what the 100% was for, just the award letter and full term of navy iS P&T

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

maybe,someone will come along and help you because i don't have the least ideal what you are talking about.

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder
Veterans, I have a award letter from service ,dates of service are stated on award letter, the award letter states you service of us navy Is p&t for your term of service ,I have no listed medical In the award letter.to collect on any medical compensation the award letter just states you are p&t total. for your tetm of service, If I am right I shoud not be In the navy at all I served 8 years, and have proof of In hospital for 9 months, also on award It Is stated this award Is granted for no hospital or Injury or recuperation, now hospital daily records show the 9 months in hospital In the line of duty. I am trying to get award letter back to the date I went into navy until I was dicharged from navy, I would also like to ask,what Is the best way to go? also have copy of my navy discharge I was not present for medical exam for discharge, all this was found in my navy records, I think a legal cue, should bethe main issue the jag tried to get records from varo. they did not respond to his request, however the jag stated he did not need records and stated let me do my job, there Is a possibleably he his getting infromation from washington va thanks for your help and I am 100 % for what I have no Idea va never sent me a copy of what the 100% was for, just the award letter and full term of navy iS P&T

Johnson, let us do some digging and we will get back with you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Step 1: The VA takes your medical over the day after discharge.

There is no compensation for any disability while on active duty. They will pay you from the date of separation. Did you have the issue when you went into service? Help us to understand this question a little more.

Thanks

J

• Founder

my va disability was retroactive to the day after the end of my enlistment, i don't know that this has changed. i think the earliest retro date you can get is the day after the end of your enlistment but others chime in here

There is no compensation for any disability while on active duty. They will pay you from the date of separation. Did you have the issue when you went into service? Help us to understand this question a little more.

Thanks

J

Thanks

J

no I did not have this condition when I went In to navy , however on smr It Is listed that I have hypertensive cardiovascular stated as old, and not found on entrance exam . have my c&p record the va doctor,states hypertensive cardiovacular the exam has heart ekg listed. I have the exam ,papers as stated stamped hand written on file pending this Is dated an stamped 12-3-93 on 1-3-94 I get a letter from va stating we are working on your claim , on the bottom of this letter It Is hand writted no new evidence needed desision already made, 0n 2-11 94 I get a letter from va stating we have denied your heart condition as this did not show you had this condition In navy. I have proof of my hospital stay 9 months,have copy of medical treatment for ear Infection,I do think the I nfection went into my heart, I got 3 shots of peniclllin every day for 9 months also a strange rash came on myface chest,arms, at this point I am placed In Isolation, on this medical report found In files , there Is no name no ss number , the doctor has stated If we cannot clear up this Infection you will get a medical discharge,I did not get a medical discharge, on report of chronolical record of medical care It clearly states honorable discharge not present for physical exam, this Is signed, and with that I am out of navy this Is why I question the award letter granted for you term of service for no hospital Injury or recouptation I did file a legal cue claim, va failed to accepted or open this claim however my papers come from va all signsd dated and stamper with va stamp this Is why I went to the jag on base, he can get papers we can,t get I guess they have a way of getting records, as I stated he did request records from va va did not send records jag stated I really don,t need records, see the jag on the 14 of nov.what does the navy or va think I was doing for 9 months knitting socks for the crew? thank you all for this needed help Johnson