Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Mrphey's Law Almost Had Me Contenplating Suicide.

Rockhound
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

Today started out like any other day, when I was going into town to pay some bills and do some shopping.

First, I couldn't find my check book, so I could pay one of my bills, they won't take my ATM/VISA card like most everyone else. So I had to change my schedule a bit and go to the bank first. No problem their. But it made me miss a bus to a lunch date with the only close friend I have, manage to make it, but barely. I then went to this place with cash in hand to pay my bill and their was this big sign over the door saying they no longer would be receiving bill payments their and this was their main office too. You either mailed in your payment, mine was late, that is why I went in to pay it. or you went to some obscure store called shop and pay, or you could go on line to pay it, which I didn't know before then.

Second, which happened earlier that week, my battery charger for my camcorder went dead on me, I somehow also lost my USB data cable my digital camera uses to download pictures from the camera to my computor, also.

Thirdly, Somehow I got to thinking it was time to go home and I caught my usual bus that takes me to the location where then the handicap van picks me up to take me home, the only problem was that I totally forgot that I was going shopping first and it was at the stoer wear the handicap van was going to pick me up.

Last but not least. the city bus route that took me to the store was on detour due to construction and I ended up having to ride the bus almost completely back to were I started from just so I could be let off close to the store, otherwise I would have had to ride my electric chair about four blocks to get to the store and these are country blocks and not your regular city blocks. being towards the end of my day, I couldn't afford to waste my battery charge going that far, I may have ended up pushing my chair onto the handicap van that took me home.

Oh Yea! I forgot, my HP Officejet printer ran out of both color and black in and I almost passed out when I found out how much the price had gone up since I bought these two cartridges last time. It was if their price corresponded with the gas price hikes, but the price didn't go down like the gas prices here have.

Suicide seem like a very good option, I'm just not that emotionally stable enough to handle so many problems like this at one time nor the financial hit it made of my bank account.

Boy was I glad to get home so I could double up on some of my meds. I know from experience, my mind and body are going to feel the effects of this day all through the next two or three days to follow.

Boy oh boy, is my psych Dr going to get an ear full on my next visit.

Rockhound Rider ;) :huh: :) :P :lol: :( :P B)

Edited by Rockhound

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Rockhound. Although you had a horrible day and your finances may be a disaster its not worth suicide. Its good to hear that you will be seeing your pyschiatrist soon. If you need somone to talk with at this time let me know. I will be here for you brother.

Today started out like any other day, when I was going into town to pay some bills and do some shopping.

First, I couldn't find my check book, so I could pay one of my bills, they won't take my ATM/VISA card like most everyone else. So I had to change my schedule a bit and go to the bank first. No problem their. But it made me miss a bus to a lunch date with the only close friend I have, manage to make it, but barely. I then went to this place with cash in hand to pay my bill and their was this big sign over the door saying they no longer would be receiving bill payments their and this was their main office too. You either mailed in your payment, mine was late, that is why I went in to pay it. or you went to some obscure store called shop and pay, or you could go on line to pay it, which I didn't know before then.

Second, which happened earlier that week, my battery charger for my camcorder went dead on me, I somehow also lost my USB data cable my digital camera uses to download pictures from the camera to my computor, also.

Thirdly, Somehow I got to thinking it was time to go home and I caught my usual bus that takes me to the location where then the handicap van picks me up to take me home, the only problem was that I totally forgot that I was going shopping first and it was at the stoer wear the handicap van was going to pick me up.

Last but not least. the city bus route that took me to the store was on detour due to construction and I ended up having to ride the bus almost completely back to were I started from just so I could be let off close to the store, otherwise I would have had to ride my electric chair about four blocks to get to the store and these are country blocks and not your regular city blocks. being towards the end of my day, I couldn't afford to waste my battery charge going that far, I may have ended up pushing my chair onto the handicap van that took me home.

Oh Yea! I forgot, my HP Officejet printer ran out of both color and black in and I almost passed out when I found out how much the price had gone up since I bought these two cartridges last time. It was if their price corresponded with the gas price hikes, but the price didn't go down like the gas prices here have.

Suicide seem like a very good option, I'm just not that emotionally stable enough to handle so many problems like this at one time nor the financial hit it made of my bank account.

Boy was I glad to get home so I could double up on some of my meds. I know from experience, my mind and body are going to feel the effects of this day all through the next two or three days to follow.

Boy oh boy, is my psych Dr going to get an ear full on my next visit.

Rockhound Rider ;) :huh: :) :P :lol: :( :P B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Rock:

Call whoever you were late on bill and tell them what a hassle you went through and can they accommodate you or give a little more time to allw a check that you will mail right away. Most businesses will do that especially if a change in their policy causes a problem.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a part time problem.

Please talk to someone when you feel this bad or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

• HadIt.com Elder

Rock...next time your day falls apart before leaving the house, don't leave the house because it will only get worse from there. We all know this. Work on resolving the first problem (finding the checkbook) before you get in a situation where more can be created. It took me a while to learn this, as I used to thrive on stress. Now it is hard for me to maintain a even keel at all, so I look for ways to be stress free.

1. That's a pain, but now that you know you can pay that bill online, do so. I pay about 85% of my bills online, and it has relieved a lot of stress from my life.

2. I can't do anything for your charger, but if you need another USB cable, pm me your address. I have a few extras laying around and I'd be glad to send you one. Sometimes all we have to do is jump on the board and ask.

3. Make a list first thing every morning, then carry it around with you all day. Check off the things as you accomplish them. This will keep you on track, and reduce stress. It seems to be working for me.

4. We all have to learn to accept the things that we cannot change, myself included. I would most likely have blown a gasket had I found myself in that situation. Talk to your doctor during your next visit and have him/her help you figure out a way to mentally deal with annoying changes like this.

5. Just buy the black cartridge for now, and set up you printer to print in black only. Then when you get your VA check, but the color cartridge. I usually have to do it this way because I am a major tightwad.

Suicide is never the answer. We all think about it from time to time, but it is never the answer. A lot of us have a good support system in the home. If you don't have a spouse/children/siblings/friend living with you, or a phone call away, then please call the number that Pete gave you for some help when you get this frustrated. We don't need to lose another vet over nothing.

(((RockhoundRider)))

I'm truly sorry you had such a crappy day. Just know that we are all here to listen. Lots of virtual shoulders here.........and I know that large quantities of chocolate does wonders!!

take good care,

well sir i can sympathize with you i used to and still do every once and a while

have days that are of that magnitude,especially around the first of the month

paying bills,trying to keep my head above water.

my worst was recently when landlord sent me a notice payup or get evicted.

been trying to keep my son in school i missed a few rent payments.i did manage to work it out,but not without thinking along the lines you were thinking.i have been trying to get god in my life and i believe i have been getting some help from above.

i dont get out of the house unless it is absolutely necessary and have managed to

mail my bills , keeps me from going nuts in the lines,and having panic attacks.

just remember this too will pass and their are people in your life that need you.

• In Memoriam

I have those days. About 2 months ago my mind was swimming with problems. I went out to the garage for something and ducked down under the front end loader, on the tractor. The loader should have been down on the ground, but I forget alot. I stumbled and fell into a piece of metal. The metal bracket went into my head about 3/8" deep and bout 1" wide.

All I remember was waking up with rusty, my beagle, licking my face. I was stretching out in the gravel and feeling great without a care, pain, or worry in the world. Don't know how long I was out. The VA stitched up my head with the paper ones.

I couldn't even remember what I was going out to the garage for. I don't mean to sound like a dumb cluck, but things can always be worse. I try to think that 'this too will pass' when the weird out of ordinary days come up.

The worst is when I wake with a nightmare, go back too sleep and it starts all over, wake up go too sleep and it starts all over. When this happens there are not tools to use, and I have to be around someone else.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>