VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Call To Action

Berta

Men and women -the most serious event the VA has ever had (matched only by the suicide broo ha ha and the PTSD memo and the findings in the past of document tampering at the BVA)-is what the VA is dealing with today.

The VA has to be fixed.These latest revelations have hit advocates and vet reps to the core.Helping veterans to succeed in their claims and to identify what they need and how to get it is often very hard work.

The vast regulations alone ,which change from time to time, takes considerable reading and decifering of VA legalise.It is often frustrating and highly time consuming work.

Jim said it all today in the comment section at Watchdog.

If apathy sets in we will be stuck with business as usual, becoming enablers of the VA ,by allowing them to continue their reckless disregard for our claims and evidence.

However we have Power now that we claimants Never had before-to alter the system into a VA that holds to its own mission statement in every way.I am cautiously optimistic about that.

from Jim Strickland:

"When VAWatchdog broke this story weeks ago it caught VA off guard. We sent a torpedo in that direction and holed them below the water line.

Make no mistake, the actions you are seeing today has rattled them to their very core.

This wasn't an unpleasant mistake by a guy getting his laptop stolen. It is apparent to all that the shredding of documents was intentional and had a purpose. They aren't confessing that directly, no surprise. These guys are too smart to fall on their swords, you have to give them a push.

It's my opinion that VAWatchdog has started what may be a turning point in how VA operates. That they are frantically trying to put committees together, put their own watchdogs in place internally and answer to some really annoyed Congressmen and Senators is a great start.

As always, this won't go anywhere without every one of you taking the time to get in contact with your representatives and let them know just how you feel. I'm already in a dialogue with my representatives and I've sent a strong message to the transition team of our new president.

I've said it before...if you haven't walked the walk...if all you're doing is to talk the talk...you are the problem. It takes 10 minutes to get on your computer and send a message to your Senator. It's almost too easy. Call your Congressman and leave a message.

If you're one who writes to comment at VAWatchdog but you haven't written to the official who represents you in D.C., just what is it you're waiting for?

The VAWatchdog has, because of one courageous VA employee who told the truth, created the perfect storm for you. This incident alone will ensure that Peake is history. VA employees are starting to speak more freely and tell their stories.

The whole thing is vulnerable today.

What were you trained to do when you saw an opening in the enemy's defenses.?

Go do it." Jim STrickland VA Watchdog

-------------------------------------------------------

As you all know I am a civilian. But I was trained in leadership, tactical maneuver warfare and battlefield command.

I am taking a break from the Claims Research forum because

I sure see the opening in the enemy's defense.I am going to "go do it".

We all have to if we want a better VA.

Write to your Congressman/woman and state Senators and to

House Committee on Veterans Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.. 20515

Department of Veterans Affairs

VA Office of Inspector General Hotline (53E)

P.O. Box 50410

Washington, D.C. 20091-0410

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to this site, but I have identified with you in your posts. I was originally a patient at the Bath VA, then an employee. There was a serious threat to patient safety that would be expensive and require a major boost in staffing to rectify. I reported it to my supervisor, then theirs, and so on until I met with the facility director. I was terminated. The rest of my story is complex, but I thought the retaliation for reporting the issue would stop there. I was wrong. My Veteran healthcare has been compromised and my privacy is constantly being invaded. I used to believe in the good in people, but I know that personal agendas get the better of ethics. Thank you for helping so many veterans through the tangled web that the VA creates to avoid assuming responsibility for its actions.