VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psychologist Appointment

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Well, I finally got my first psychologist appointment. Has anyone (I am VN Vet) who is 100% mental had to wait three years for a psychologist???

After the social worker (PTSD) left the VAMC, they told me that they would call me and not to call them for an appointment. I did go to CBT class two years ago.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

On how many levels is this picture wrong?

Has anyone (I am VN Vet) who is 100% mental had to wait three years for a psychologist???

If this isn't malpractive or an abuse of a Veterans right to adequate treatment and care, I don't know what is. Not only that, to not have access to a Medical Psychiatrist to evaluate whether or not you would benefit from medication appears to me as proof of inadequate treatment.

If I wasn't on the meds I am on now, I would probably be 100% mental as well, if not suicidel and in need of constant watching.

Were you this bad off, three years ago or have you had additional problems develop since then. If you can show that their lack of properly treating you has led to these additional problems, you might have some type of injury case against the VA. If it qualifies for a 1151 claim, maybe Berta would have some comment on this.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes:

• In Memoriam

Sorry, if I have miss lead you. I am 100% P&T. I have seen a psychiarist about a year ago, and I am taking medications. I requested an appointment with a psychologist and just now have had the appointment given for this December.

I was just wondering if this is the norm waiting for a psychologist.

Psychiatrist issue medication. Psychologist help work through problems.

Hello,

The psychiatrist does both (write scripts AND counsel). If you are given meds by a psychiatrist,,, I believe that you should be seen by them every few months. If you want to also be seen by a psychologist, I would just ask your psychiatrist for such an appointment. Hmmm, normally it is easier to get appoint with psychologist than it is with psychiatrist. I am also 100% P&T with complications dealing with nuero. Didn't take long at all to get either appointment.

Hope this helps.

Tayo

• HadIt.com Elder

In that case, my husband was discharged in 1993 and didn't see a psychologist until almost two years ago.

Sorry, if I have miss lead you. I am 100% P&T. I have seen a psychiarist about a year ago, and I am taking medications. I requested an appointment with a psychologist and just now have had the appointment given for this December.

I was just wondering if this is the norm waiting for a psychologist.

Psychiatrist issue medication. Psychologist help work through problems.