VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Hello fellow veterans I was just wondering my claim has been at the rating board since august 8 2008 going on 4 months now is this a bad sign, every time i call the 1800 # they just tell me it is at the rateing board and i should call back in a month or 2. any other time my claims were at the rateing board it usually only took about a month ????? any ideas ladies and gentlemen :rolleyes:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would say at 4-months start impatient watching, at 6-months start calling wanting some answers. 4-months is minimum, 6-is about max for some answers. However, with the shreddergate ongoing investigation within the VARO's, who knows what the next excuse will be?

Once a claim get to the rating board,it usually takes about Two months,sometimes a little more or a little less,but when it is return to the predetermination team,it is something else the rater needs to make a decision and that will take a little longer.

mobie

Hi,

Just sharing this info as per my IRIS dialog few weeks ago..

Pre Determination - development of claim

Rating Board - review the claim, examine evidence, and rate the disabilities

Post Determination(Authorization) - final step, award, and notify

The 1-800 has been consistently providing generalized information only. Some or most of them are very lazy to dig in further about our claims.

The VARO onsite service rep. are more helpful, and they have helped me understand my detailed NOD & Reopen Claims status in the past.

Therefore, I highly recommend you take a visit to your local VARO, look sharp, and acquire from him or her, the indepth or detailed information about your claim. They know..

Hope this helps.

calling the 1-800 # is usually a waste of time. the person on the other end of the phone is only looking at a computer screen and sometimes depending on how many times you call is equal to how many different answers you will get.

hurry up & wait....

• HadIt.com Elder

Kryptos, have done the C&P exams for some/any of these claims? If not you should expect so before a decision. If you have finished the C&P exams then set back and W8. Send an "iris" inquiry about every three weeks to your R/O.