VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helping A Friend.

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I helped a friend file an application for a claim about ten days ago, on the VA website. Suprisingly, he just recieved his medical records and claim number saturday. He filed in NY and believe the varo is in NYC. Anyways they had all the things he listed on the application in his medical records, flat feet, irritable bowel syndrome, rashes all over his body, etc.. Aproximately two years ago he had his colon removed, soft tissue sarcoma, I think. I believe definitely AO related. I told him that getting his medical records from the VA like that is suprising and seems to be good news. The only thing he said that puzzled me was a statement in the letter that said "YOU DONT NEED TO SEND ANYMORE INFORMATION, UNTIL WE CONTACT YOU" . I said that stament, sounds misleading and take the letter to DAV rep he is going to use, a friend of his. Also said gather all your records for the colon surgery and any oher evidence and take with you to DAV. When I filed my application for my claim they did not send me my SMR's, maybe the VA is starting to get its act together. I hope this a good sign for his claim.

T&B

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I heard the Director and other administrative' individuals at NYC VARO are on 'leave' due to shreddergate-maybe they are getting their act togeher-

Also a NY RO employee told vet reps here in NY 2 weeks ago that there were 20,000 pieces of unread mail in the NY RO mail room,apparently not realizing the press was there at this meeting - so maybe the VA is reading it all now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good point Berta. I told my friend pretty much the same think about shreddergate. Said, heads are going to roll on this one. Yes, the letter stated something about them being overwhelmed with claims and there was going to be delays. Sounds like some nervous employees, especially with the economy the way it is. Don't want to lose there job now.

I heard the Director and other administrative' individuals at NYC VARO are on 'leave' due to shreddergate-maybe they are getting their act togeher-

Also a NY RO employee told vet reps here in NY 2 weeks ago that there were 20,000 pieces of unread mail in the NY RO mail room,apparently not realizing the press was there at this meeting - so maybe the VA is reading it all now.

I was lead to believe that the director, assistant director, service center manager, and assistant service center manager were let go because of the mail problem. However, I have seen directors that performed poorly praised and promoted to another office. The VA is truly a unique place to say the least.