VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Falsification Of Informed Consent

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

i don't even though if this will make sense to you guys. for me this has gone down as one of the hardest times in my life. i have severe major depression and now recently diagnosed as having a thyroid mass, which has exacerbated my depression. prior to the thyroid mass, i thought my meds no longer worked which led to numerous and futile visits to psychiatry. my 1151 claim has not been decided and getting kicked over to BVA for being properly given an informed consent was a possibility. i have nobody representing me (i foolishly thought i could do this myself) i cannot have a lawyer during this part of the process. this is snapshot of some of the fun i've been having.

addendum #4

i have suffered immensely for the last three years trying to obtain some justice for the cover-up and falsification the informed consent process and cut and paste of the physical exam of my medical records. i suffer from severe depression, autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, extensive OA of my joindts and now dystonia of my left posterior muscle (courtesy of the VA in West Havven). The dystonia requires botox every 3 months. I have a congenital defect of my opposing leg, so this abortion of the standards of care by the dept of podiatry of the west haven vamc have left me crippled in two legs.

I went through quality management at the local faciliity. they insist since i signed the informed consent document, that (please read previous posts) that the informed consent requirements were fulfilled. the informed consent specifies "repair of the left ankle tendons with fibular osteotomy and/or tendon transfer"

1) there is no mention of a surgical plan dealing with tendon transfer in my medical record,

2) there is no documentation of resident supervision for such a procedure in my medical record.

3) there are probably at least ten permutations of tendon transfer operative procedures, the absence of a tendon transfer surgical plan with diagnosis and need for such procedure in my medical record is further proof that my record has been falsified.

PEVIOUS HISTORY

despite the fact that there is no appointment (April 14, 2005) listed for the preoperative exam and informed consent discussion and i possess a debit card transaction that places me twenty miles away during the timeframe the exam and informed consent discussion took place, the dale guadio and miquel marling foia/po indicated that the chief resident and chief practioner were FORCED by the cprs system to initiate a new note dated April 14th, (for the preoperative exam and informed consent discussion). They and quality management advised me that there all these activities happened during a clinic appointment three days earlier (???). This appointment occurred April 11th. The April 11th note claims that I am present for a physical exam that never took place. I believe the resident thought that this note would represent the preop.exam. The note however is addended as surgery by the Chief practitioner as surgery was postponed. The April 14th note bears an E and M notation. I do not know what this represents, but believe the note had been evaluated per a complaint that I had placed early on with JACHO when I found there was no April 14th appointment in my record.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
i don't even though if this will make sense to you guys. for me this has gone down as one of the hardest times in my life. i have severe major depression and now recently diagnosed as having a thyroid mass, which has exacerbated my depression. prior to the thyroid mass, i thought my meds no longer worked which led to numerous and futile visits to psychiatry. my 1151 claim has not been decided and getting kicked over to BVA for being properly given an informed consent was a possibility. i have nobody representing me (i foolishly thought i could do this myself) i cannot have a lawyer during this part of the process. this is snapshot of some of the fun i've been having.

addendum #4

i have suffered immensely for the last three years trying to obtain some justice for the cover-up and falsification the informed consent process and cut and paste of the physical exam of my medical records. i suffer from severe depression, autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, extensive OA of my joindts and now dystonia of my left posterior muscle (courtesy of the VA in West Havven). The dystonia requires botox every 3 months. I have a congenital defect of my opposing leg, so this abortion of the standards of care by the dept of podiatry of the west haven vamc have left me crippled in two legs.

I went through quality management at the local faciliity. they insist since i signed the informed consent document, that (please read previous posts) that the informed consent requirements were fulfilled. the informed consent specifies "repair of the left ankle tendons with fibular osteotomy and/or tendon transfer"

1) there is no mention of a surgical plan dealing with tendon transfer in my medical record,

2) there is no documentation of resident supervision for such a procedure in my medical record.

3) there are probably at least ten permutations of tendon transfer operative procedures, the absence of a tendon transfer surgical plan with diagnosis and need for such procedure in my medical record is further proof that my record has been falsified.

PEVIOUS HISTORY

despite the fact that there is no appointment (April 14, 2005) listed for the preoperative exam and informed consent discussion and i possess a debit card transaction that places me twenty miles away during the timeframe the exam and informed consent discussion took place, the dale guadio and miquel marling foia/po indicated that the chief resident and chief practioner were FORCED by the cprs system to initiate a new note dated April 14th, (for the preoperative exam and informed consent discussion). They and quality management advised me that there all these activities happened during a clinic appointment three days earlier (???). This appointment occurred April 11th. The April 11th note claims that I am present for a physical exam that never took place. I believe the resident thought that this note would represent the preop.exam. The note however is addended as surgery by the Chief practitioner as surgery was postponed. The April 14th note bears an E and M notation. I do not know what this represents, but believe the note had been evaluated per a complaint that I had placed early on with JACHO when I found there was no April 14th appointment in my record.

Sent you a PM to talk about the Ethics Committee . . . You are doing a GREAT job documenting VA medical malpractice. Is this a 1151 Claim? ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Mt records were falsified from an event that put me in emergency room and an overnight stay. Today I got my records and as I read them you could see the steam coming out my ears. It attributed to me responses that were not accurate nor given. I am now going through and highlighting and the person responsible is going to have to approve the change or leave them as they are even thought the VA Information people know that what is happening is that the VA person who is interviewing is probably going to be defensive cause the statements of what I said are so wrong

yes 1151 claim. im going to have to document and forward to quality and management group. already left a hissing type voice mail for the manager today...no return call. im going to ammend record too and have it go through that new process i found out about when i ammend record. the chief of staff is going to have to deny that there is a BIG point being made here. then the bloody cut and pasted, falsified notes will have less of a punch. the chief resident was the person who supposedly verbally gave me the informed consent. so no medical basis for surgical procedure, no documentation describing surgical procedure, no resident plan for doing or supervising surgical procedure makes them hard pressed to say i was given informed consent. informed consent big part of 1151 case.

Sent you a PM to talk about the Ethics Committee . . . You are doing a GREAT job documenting VA medical malpractice. Is this a 1151 Claim? ~Wings</FONT>

im sorry to hear that pete. i get sick over these things. im at the point that for a clinical note, i will have a written list of issues addressed to the clinician that i want covered in the note. i am going to insist that this is entered into the medical record. unfortunately docs can write whatever they want per hippa.

mercifully i don't have the same problem here in maine. they are cool people. when i first came here i was still p.o'd from west haven. i wanted to mow every va person down. took me a year to trust these guys. i am very fortunate. now what happens with the RO maybe something different.

Mt records were falsified from an event that put me in emergency room and an overnight stay. Today I got my records and as I read them you could see the steam coming out my ears. It attributed to me responses that were not accurate nor given. I am now going through and highlighting and the person responsible is going to have to approve the change or leave them as they are even thought the VA Information people know that what is happening is that the VA person who is interviewing is probably going to be defensive cause the statements of what I said are so wrong