VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

RickyDee

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I WAS JUST TOLD BY THE SLEEP APNEA CLINIC TODAY THAT THE DR. HAS READ MY NOTES FROM MY SLEEP STUDY THAT WAS PERFORMED ON NOV 4 THAT I WILL BE ISSUED A CPAP MACHINE. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SLEEP APNEA?

MOBIE16R,

I WENT TO THE VA HOSPITAL WEDNESDAY TO RECEIVE MY SELECTIVE NERVE ROOT INJECTION IN THE L-4 NERVE OF MY BACK AT THE PAIN CLINIC, I WENT DOWN TO THE RECORD SECTION TO GET MY RECORDS. YES IT'S OFFICIALLY THAT THE DOCTOR HAS DIAGNOSED ME WITH OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA AS OF NOV 24 2008. MOBIE, TWO MORE QUESTIONS, I KNOW I'M 100 % IU P&T BUT CAN I BE SERVICE CONNECTED FOR THIS CONDITION AND WILL THIS HELP MY SSDI CLAIM FOR SOCIAL SECURITY, THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

• HadIt.com Elder

Itate90 not to step on Mobie16R but it could help you a lot with SSD. The Sleep Apnea could be the icing on the cake but like everything else it has to be evaluated with your other current medical conditions,

If you don't have a CPAP you need to do something about the sleep apnea as quickly as possible.

Good Luck

PETE53,

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT. I TALKED WITH SLLEP APNEA CLINIC AND THEY ARE SO BACKED UP THEY IT WILL BE FEB 09 OR LESS BEFORE I GET MY CPAP. AS FAR AS SSDI I HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF CONDITIONS TO LET THIS OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA JOIN THE PACK ( IT SEEMS LIKE A CASE). I KNOW AT THE END OF THE DOCTOR NOTES IT STATED TO MONITOR SLEEPING WHILE MINIMAL DRIVING I THINK. I GAVE MY LAWYER MY PROGRESS NOTES WHEN LEFT THE VA HOSPITAL. BUT PETE ISN'T OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA 50 % SERVICE CONNECTED BY THE VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Itate:

I cannot confirm but I think 50% would be in ball park if you are issued a CPAP Machine from VA can even reach 100% which is some concern to me. Mine is not service connected.

According to Dallas VA they have 1500 Veterans on CPAP's and adding about 10 to 20 a week. Keep in mind that they have to test all who have symptons and a lot although showing early signs of sleep apenea do not make the threshold for a CPAP machine.

I like my CPAP as it has helped me get better sleep and pretty much has stopped my allergies/ The air is filtered and humidified on my machine.