VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

RickyDee

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PETE53,

ACCORDING TO THE VA HERE IN COLUMBIA,SC THEY HAVE 2500 ON THE LIST FOR CPAP'S AND I WILL NOT GET MINE UNTIL NEXT YEAR. ACCORDING TO THEM, THEY ONLY ISSUE 25-30 A WEEK. BUT EVENTUALLY I WILL GET MINE ONEDAY. I SPOKE TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS AND HE SAID THAT THE VA WILL PROBALY SAY NO TO SERVICE CONNECTED SINCE THE SLEEP APNEA DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE SERVICE. THANKS FOR THE INFO PETE.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good and just keep this in mind. It takes a little getting used to althoght some love it from the start. I can't go to bed at night without it.

YES I RECEIVE MINE ON THE 19TH AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED. I GAVE MY LAWYER THE PROGRESS NOTES FROM THE DOCTOR STATING MY DIAGNOSES AND RESULTS AND SOMETIMES I DON'T THINK HE CARES BUT PUTS ON A FRONT. BUT I HOPE THIS HELPS OUT MY SSDI CASE PETE.

I took the liberty to put up the sleep apnea ratings for you. Hopefully this will clarify some questions as to percentages. I hope this helps.

6847 Sleep Apnea Syndromes (Obstructive, Central, Mixed):

Chronic respiratory failure with carbon dioxide retention or cor

pulmonale, or; requires tracheostomy.................................................................. 100

Requires use of breathing assistance device such as continuous

airway pressure (CPAP) machine.........................................................................

. 50

Persistent day-time hypersomnolence ......................................................................... 30

Asymptomatic but with documented sleep disorder breathing......................................... 0