VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Help And Answers

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

I'VE BEEN DENIED TWICE BY SSA AND NOW I'M WAITING FOR HEARING BEFORE A ALJ. I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED BY THE VA WITH PANIC DISORDER WITH AGORAPHOBIA, PTSD, MAJOR DEPRESSION RECURRENT, DYSTHYMIA, MOOD DISORDER IN CONDITIONS CLASSIFIED ELSEWHERE, HERNIATED NUCLEUS PULPOSUS, OSTEOARTHRITIS, DJD (BACK,NECK,SHOULDERS,FEET,ANKLES), HIGH CHOLESTEROL, GERD, MORBID OBESITY AND I WAS ISSUED A HD ROLLATER (WALKER) FOR AMBULATION.

THE CE EXAMINER STATED I WAS DO ANYTHING THAT REQUIRED ANY WALKING, LIFTING, STOOPING OR BENDING.

I ALSO HAVE MANY GAF SCORES OF (40-50) FOR THE LAST PAST 4 YEARS. DO ANYONE THINK I HAVE A GOOD CASE WHEN I ATTEND MY HEARING? ALSO I'M WAITING TO HEAR ANYDAY DID I GET DIAGNOSED WITH SLEEP APNEA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not widely experienced with SSA yet, but I would say that you have a good case. I am not sure why you got denied to begin with, other than the old line about SSA always denying the first time. What state are you in if I may ask? My SSDI claim is similar to yours, but I just had my interview last Wed.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome to Hadit!

Edited by rentalguy1

• HadIt.com Elder

In your condition with the GAF score and having to use a walker, I think the ALJ will make a on the spot decision (Bench) on your case. If he or she does not then there is something wrong with them.

Edited by jbasser

I'M FROM SOUTH CAROLINA, THEY TOLD ME TO BE SEEN BY AN ALJ IT WILL TAKE 20-24 MONTHS. I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE FEB 14, 2006. I FIRST APPLIED FOR SSDI WAS APR 6, 2006. NOW IT'S JUST A BIG WAITING GAME.

I HEAR EVERYONE SAY IF YOU ARE 100% IU P&T YOU A HAVE GOOD SHOT AT SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS. I SEE THAT ALOT ON THE BOARD. WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE? I SPOKE WITH A REPRESENTATIVE TODAY FROM ODAR AND SHE SAID SHE NEEDED A COPY OF MY 100% IU P&T AWARDS LETTER FROM THE VA, A COPY MY STAY IN THE HOSPITAL BACK IN MARCH, A COPY OF MY SOURCE STATEMENT OF ABILITY TO DO WORK - RELATED ACTIVITIES (MENTAL) RFC FORM FROM MY PSYCHIATRISTAND SHE WAS GOING TO WALK IT STRAIGHT TO THE JUDGE HERSELF. IF I COULD FIRE MY LAWYER I WOULD, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TURN IN A LONG TIME AGO. SHE TOLD ME HOPEFULLY I WILL NOT HAVE TO GO TO A HEARING. BUT MY LAWYER ACTS LIKE HE WILL NOT UPDATE MY MEDICAL FILE WITH ODAR OR SSA.