VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Help And Answers

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

I'VE BEEN DENIED TWICE BY SSA AND NOW I'M WAITING FOR HEARING BEFORE A ALJ. I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED BY THE VA WITH PANIC DISORDER WITH AGORAPHOBIA, PTSD, MAJOR DEPRESSION RECURRENT, DYSTHYMIA, MOOD DISORDER IN CONDITIONS CLASSIFIED ELSEWHERE, HERNIATED NUCLEUS PULPOSUS, OSTEOARTHRITIS, DJD (BACK,NECK,SHOULDERS,FEET,ANKLES), HIGH CHOLESTEROL, GERD, MORBID OBESITY AND I WAS ISSUED A HD ROLLATER (WALKER) FOR AMBULATION.

THE CE EXAMINER STATED I WAS DO ANYTHING THAT REQUIRED ANY WALKING, LIFTING, STOOPING OR BENDING.

I ALSO HAVE MANY GAF SCORES OF (40-50) FOR THE LAST PAST 4 YEARS. DO ANYONE THINK I HAVE A GOOD CASE WHEN I ATTEND MY HEARING? ALSO I'M WAITING TO HEAR ANYDAY DID I GET DIAGNOSED WITH SLEEP APNEA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure a letter will do. How about a clear medical opinion of your condition(s) that prohibit you from working? think physical needs, sitting walking, limb strength, personal needs, meds and mental health. When I applied for ssdi I looked up information on the internet and pretty much prepared a social security self report, used anything and everything from the va or civilian docs that said 'permanent' and my husbands letter. Took me a while to get it together, keep it up to date and show my chronic condition(s).

Best to ya,

Cg

HOW CAN I GET MY DOCTOR TO SUPPORT MY SSDI CLAIM BY WRITING A LETTER.

late90-

What I did was send the soc sec folks the same medical info that I sent the VARO for my claim...plus my award letter. It was approved with no problem. Not a gurantee mind you, but all the info they need is in your claim package (I'm sure you have a copy). Add any other medical records you have since your claim was filed that are relevent. Mine was approved the first time in about 6 months or so.

Good luck!

COWGIRL, PURPLE,

I HONESTLY THINK MY LAWYER IS BEHIND THE CURB BIG TIME. I'M TRYING TO GET HIM TO TURN IN ALL MY MEDICAL RECORDS FROM 12/06 UNTIL PRESENT. HE'S ONLY TURNING IN THINGS HE THINK IS IMPORTANT. ALL MY PCP VISIT, PAIN CLINIC, MENTAL, SOCIAL WORKER AND YOU NAME IT, IS IN THERE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS SINCE MY DENIAL OF MY RECONSIDERATION. I'VE BEEN SEEING THIS CIVILIAN PYSCH HE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY HELP FOR ME. I'M GOING TO ASK ( FEE BASIS ) FRIDAY WHEN I GO PICK UP MY CPAP FROM SLEEP APNEA CLINIC CAN I GO SEE ANOTHER PSYCHIATRIST. HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO I SHOULD BE GETTING MY HEARING BEFORE THE ALJ, FEB 07 WILL BE 2 YEARS WAITING FOR A HEARING AND APR 09 WILL BE 3 YRS SINCE A FILED MY INITIAL CLAIM.

I GUESS I'M I SO FAR IN THE GAME WITH HIM I MIGHT AS WELL KEEP HIM AND I NEED TO KEEP ON TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM HOW IMPORTANT MY MEDICAL RECORDS ARE TO ME. THE LADY AT ODAR SAYS MY CASE WILL BE COMING UP SOON AND I HAVE NO TIME TO BE WASTING ON NOT GET MY RECORDS TO THE HEARING OFFICE. I DON'T CARE IF IT IS 800-1000 PAGES, THAT'S EVIDENCE.