VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unable To Adapt

Rate this question

gp747

Question

after serving a year in Vietnam i was assigned stateside, i was a mess.

i was late reporting for duty and got article 15 right off the bat, all my

time before that ,until i was hospitalized in Vietnam i had an outstanding

rating. no problems, then my bi-polar mental illness kicked in. haven't been

the same since. i felt like i was being picked on, giving kp all the time and

guard duties all the time. so when they assigned me for kp i would just

pack up and go home for a few days,and come back.i was very paranoid

and having panic attacks all the time, got to where i could not make my

jumps for jump pay.i eventually was discharged under honorable conditions.

seems to me i could file a claim for chronic adjustment disorder as i have had

the same problems in civilian life . not holding jobs ,leaving jobs,want to stay

home all the time to avoid the public etc.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
are you saying i could lose my 30% for not having proper items in record , like what

items? that is if i appeal?

Not saying you will lose the 30% on appeal. That is not possible unless they find fraud on the veteran's part. I'm saying you could spend a lot of time pursuing a appeal to not gain anything in the end. Appeals take a long time, and I am not a huge fan of them, even though I have one working its way through the system right now. If a vet has plenty of money coming in every month, and that isn't a issue, then I suggest going for the appeal. If the vet needs the money to sustain their quality of life, I always steer towards a new claim, or a claim for increase instead.

As far as items in the record,they are looking for treatment history, along with medications. I am speaking of the wording that is in the rating criteria. There is specific wording that the VA is looking for a history of. They are also looking for lower GAF scores. They look for all of these things in combination. Again, click the link in my signature line. It has a lot of the wording spelled out with definitions.

Not saying you will lose the 30% on appeal. That is not possible unless they find fraud on the veteran's part. I'm saying you could spend a lot of time pursuing a appeal to not gain anything in the end. Appeals take a long time, and I am not a huge fan of them, even though I have one working its way through the system right now. If a vet has plenty of money coming in every month, and that isn't a issue, then I suggest going for the appeal. If the vet needs the money to sustain their quality of life, I always steer towards a new claim, or a claim for increase instead.

As far as items in the record,they are looking for treatment history, along with medications. I am speaking of the wording that is in the rating criteria. There is specific wording that the VA is looking for a history of. They are also looking for lower GAF scores. They look for all of these things in combination. Again, click the link in my signature line. It has a lot of the wording spelled out with definitions.

you have pretty well answered my worst worry about not losing the 30%

i really don't have enough money, but i can get by and i believe that i could

get a higher rating if i appeal and it would go back to 2001 the only thing it would delay my secondary claims . i am still not sure what to do but eventually will make a decision and hopefully the right one.