VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question Of Stressors

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Allready SCed for PTSD and depression. The VA used incoming rounds as a stressor. Now, if you also had a tropical disease and before you knew what it was and you were feeling really depressed, angry and then all of a sudden the disease kicked in. Then your sent to medivac delirious and put in the hospital with guys screaming and moaning etc. Could this be used as a additional stressor for the depression and PTSD, to kick the rating up, or would it help.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Allready SCed for PTSD and depression. The VA used incoming rounds as a stressor. Now, if you also had a tropical disease and before you knew what it was and you were feeling really depressed, angry and then all of a sudden the disease kicked in. Then your sent to medivac delirious and put in the hospital with guys screaming and moaning etc. Could this be used as a additional stressor for the depression and PTSD, to kick the rating up, or would it help.

The essential feature of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder is the development of characteristic symptoms following exposure to an extreme traumatic stressor involving direct personal experience of an event that involves actual or threatened death or serious injury, or other threat to one's physical integrity; or witnessing an event that involves death, injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of another person; or learning about unexpected or violent death, serious harm, or threat of death or injury experienced by a family member or other close associate (Criterion A1).

The person's response to the event must involve intense fear, helplessness, or horror (or in children, the response must involve disorganized or agitated behavior) (Criterion A2).

The characteristic symptoms resulting from the exposure to the extreme trauma include persistent reexperiencing of the traumatic event (Criterion B), persistent avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma and numbing of general responsiveness (Criterion C), and persistent symptoms of increased arousal (Criterion D). The full symptom picture must be present for more than 1 month (Criterion E), and the disturbance must cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Criterion F).

tag,

Stressors are only used to help get a claim SC'd.

Once a MH claim is granted, stressors become irrelevant.

Multiple stressors will not be used to grant a higher percentage of disability.

To obtain an increase Va uses Schedule 4 for rating disability percentage,

how your symptoms effect your daily living.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Got it! I guess I knew that, but threw it out there anyways. Actually, just trying to connect some dots on something I filed in 71. Waiting for my c-file to see whats in it before I pursue this any farther. Actually filed typhus in 71, denied because they said it was un proven, even though I have the medical record showing I had some type of T/D. But I cannot rememeber what I even wrote in the claim and need to see that. Thanks

I guess i have to agree with carlie again,she is so right.Just submit form 21-4138 and tell them that your ptsd symptoms have worsen and and your rating should be increased.

mobie