VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Dro Speak To Foia/po

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Do you guys know if this is within the regulations?

I found out the FOIA officer of the VAMC whom I have an active complaint is regularily speaking with FOIA.

Worse the FOIA was trying to put words into my mouth saying "You dared me to do it"

pattik,

I really don't understand your question here.

Could you give some detail and rephrase or clarify your question.

Thanks,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

"I found out the FOIA officer of the VAMC whom I have an active complaint is regularily speaking with FOIA."

I didn't realize that the VA Med Centers had such a thing as a FOIA "officer". What does this officer do, exactly?

And, if they do have such an officer, then I would expect them to be speaking, regularly, with FOIA (headquarters, I assume you meant).

i should never post in a hurry.

so. i wanted to expedite a foia request and fax it to the foia/po officer of the vamc west haven vamc. to harass me, even though he and his replacement are well familiar with my signature, they won't let me fax to them. the foia/po does not have a secure fax and per privacy handbook it is up to the facility how the receive requests.

i called this guy and told him i was in a hurry as my 1151 claim is due for decisiion. he insisted that i certify return receipt the request. THEN he calls the VA Togus and ferrets out the DRO handling my case to see if I have enough time (I didnt have the bucks to send certified return receipt) to wait until I accumulated the money to certify return reciept to him in west haven.

i was dumbstruck that he called the Togus DRO. yesterday on the phone, I complain again about him calling. he tells me that I "dared him to call". i said that couldnt have been the case, because i called his boss and complained when he initially told me he did this.

listening to the guilt in his voice yesterday, I began to wonder how much these two people have been speaking.....the lying of the vamc of west haven and knee jerk protection the facility has demonstrated to protect the chief of dpm is unbelievable. i wonder if the dro has been fed facts of the local level and ocg torts.

and yes pete, i should send a complaint to the oig. i have been sending oig information regarding the case (1151). the day before regarding the absence of proper informed consent and today the deficiencies in the standard of care. todays complaint dealt with the refusal to observe conservative approach to treatment as delineated in clinical note for first visit. they wrote that a conservative approach would be tried, without telling me, and then didnt do it.

i hate these guys.

• HadIt.com Elder

"THEN he calls the VA Togus and ferrets out the DRO handling my case to see if I have enough time (I didnt have the bucks to send certified return receipt) to wait until I accumulated the money to certify return reciept to him in west haven."

It sounds to me like the guy was calling, trying to make sure that you had the time required for you to send in your whatever. I get the impression that he was trying to do you a favor, something that he did NOT have to do. I'm sure that you must, by the way your post is worded, think that they (he) was trying to conspire against you, but that's not the reading that I get.

sorry