VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Dro Speak To Foia/po

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"THEN he calls the VA Togus and ferrets out the DRO handling my case to see if I have enough time (I didnt have the bucks to send certified return receipt) to wait until I accumulated the money to certify return reciept to him in west haven."

It sounds to me like the guy was calling, trying to make sure that you had the time required for you to send in your whatever. I get the impression that he was trying to do you a favor, something that he did NOT have to do. I'm sure that you must, by the way your post is worded, think that they (he) was trying to conspire against you, but that's not the reading that I get.

sorry

I agree 100 percent sir. He was going above and beyond to assist you based upon the rules of his office (looks like they need original signature on all FOIA requests - but can make an exception in extereme cases).

Pattik,it is for your protection that the evidence you submit to the department of veterans affairs is sent certified mail,because if it get lost you will have the evidence that you sent it in.

mobie16r

You are right Carlie,but the evidence you sent in is copy,s and the dated copy's you keep for your records wil be enough to prove what you submited.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

You can take an extra step by making a copy and have your SO certify it is a duplicate and note a copy to you by mail. Than mail it to yourself and don't open it unless there is a problem in front of someone who can verify that it is a copy of original mailed on the date of postmark.