VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request By Pcp Va Doctor For Hearing Test Denied , Also Need A Good Eye Dr Imo

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All and a Happy Belated Veterans day to the Hadit family. I spent all day at the VA hospital yesterday with test (Pulmonary)Xrays and the most argumentative, obnoxious VA doctor I have had yet.I will post on his comments on this subject under a different title, as it is pretty clear what the VA doctors are and are not going to do for any Veteran. My question is that I have a claim that was reopened and denied for hearing , tennitus from 1973. I asked my PCP VA doctor if he could request one and he said that he did but the VA said I "was not service connected" and declined one. I am waiting for a call from the VBA officer to see how I can get one. Talking with several Veterans on this one and they are stumped as to why they denied me the hearing test. I have not had one since the military days. What do you do ? I sure don't want to do an out of pocket private Dr as I am about IMO'd out to the poor house. I just finished with a Neurologist and will get another IMO concerning AO and my peripheral neuropathy. My lawyer and the Private Neuro said I should also get another Eye Doctor for an IMO that can link chemical exposure to my Dry Eyes/Atherosclerosis exam/dianosis from a contract VA doctor. This is sure getting complicated and of course very frustrated. Any thoughts or recommendations on a eye doctor or a way to get the VA to give me an ear test would be helpful. God Bless, Never Give Up..C.C.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I gave up on tinnitus cause I really don't need it anymore. However, I believe it is a good thing to be rated on anything that you can connect to service.

Good Luck and hang in there.

Hello Pete,,,, thanks for the encouragement with these beast. What would you do to get VA to give a hearing test? Is this legal for them to refuse me a hearing test? God BLess, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Request that the RO order a C&P is the only thing I can think of. They never gave me one but they gave me a hearing aid go figure.

Or thinking about it ask your PCP to order one

Good Luck