VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych C&p

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

I just had a 2 hrs psych C&P and I have to go back because the dr. is not done yet.

I had claimed depression, because I just cannot seem to get PTSD rated.... Well, the doc decided that I have a raging case of PTSD and that the depression is secondary to that. It seems that QTC has 2 seperate computer forms that have to be filled out, 1 for PTSD and 1 for depression, so 20minutes into the interview he calls QTC and tels them to load the PTSD form instead. Meantime, he is typing everything in as we go along...at least I know what he is putting in the report.

Needless to say we are not done yet and I have to go back. This may take another 6hrs..... :o

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

got a good feeling about this one. Google the C&P Service Clinician's Guide and look at the C&P exam worksheets for depression, and for initial PTSD exam. It may be helpful to the cause.

The doc did tell me that while he could not guarantee me anything, he'd had "good luck" with his reports.

Hope the luck holds.

He is actually writting my nexus for me in detail, so maybe even the rater cannot ignore it. When I told him about "Shredder Gate" he was livid and then went on to talk about how many vets needed weekly psych appts and to be seen by civilian counselors if the VA could not handle the load.

I like this man so far.......

• HadIt.com Elder
The doc did tell me that while he could not guarantee me anything, he'd had "good luck" with his reports.

Hope the luck holds.

He is actually writting my nexus for me in detail, so maybe even the rater cannot ignore it. When I told him about "Shredder Gate" he was livid and then went on to talk about how many vets needed weekly psych appts and to be seen by civilian counselors if the VA could not handle the load.

I like this man so far.......

Sounds like you got a good doctor, that is a rare species at the VA !!

I don't know your situation, but if the doctor does diagnose PTSD with secondary depression, will you have to prove in-service stressor(s), or is that already on the record??? ~Wings