VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych C&p

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

I just had a 2 hrs psych C&P and I have to go back because the dr. is not done yet.

I had claimed depression, because I just cannot seem to get PTSD rated.... Well, the doc decided that I have a raging case of PTSD and that the depression is secondary to that. It seems that QTC has 2 seperate computer forms that have to be filled out, 1 for PTSD and 1 for depression, so 20minutes into the interview he calls QTC and tels them to load the PTSD form instead. Meantime, he is typing everything in as we go along...at least I know what he is putting in the report.

Needless to say we are not done yet and I have to go back. This may take another 6hrs..... :o

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wings

I was raped on AD by my XO... and while I reported it to my CO and to the CID, amazingly there are no reports, what a surprise this was 1979. I submitted 4 buddy letters from people that I had told, but the VA put "no stock" in the letters and denied me. I feel that I can prove the nexus... I was an expemplary WAC, top efficiency reports and STRAC prior to the rape, afterwards left my husband and children, started drinking by the gallon, requested to see a psych (in med records, but was refused), my efficiency records went to h..., I finally locked myself in my apt, went AWOL and threatened to commit suicide (once again requesting psych, but refused) all I wanted was out anyway possible. During this period, age 28, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and underwent a total hysterectomy.

Between the rape and raging hormones I was a major walking catasrophe. When I told the chief of gyn at Madigan that I was having hot flashes and major mood swings..he told me point blank "You women are all alike."

Little wonder I was suicidal.

The VA has also told me that cancer does not cause depression. Would I really go to hell for wishing cancer on the rater who wrote that ????????? :lol:

I've been fighting this for 28 years and I'll never give up.... B)

Wings

I was raped on AD by my XO... and while I reported it to my CO and to the CID, amazingly there are no reports, what a surprise this was 1979. I submitted 4 buddy letters from people that I had told, but the VA put "no stock" in the letters and denied me. I feel that I can prove the nexus... I was an expemplary WAC, top efficiency reports and STRAC prior to the rape, afterwards left my husband and children, started drinking by the gallon, requested to see a psych (in med records, but was refused), my efficiency records went to h..., I finally locked myself in my apt, went AWOL and threatened to commit suicide (once again requesting psych, but refused) all I wanted was out anyway possible. During this period, age 28, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and underwent a total hysterectomy.

Between the rape and raging hormones I was a major walking catasrophe. When I told the chief of gyn at Madigan that I was having hot flashes and major mood swings..he told me point blank "You women are all alike."

Little wonder I was suicidal.

The VA has also told me that cancer does not cause depression. Would I really go to hell for wishing cancer on the rater who wrote that ????????? :lol:

I've been fighting this for 28 years and I'll never give up.... B)

my GOD! i was raised to respect women. a man has no idea what a lady goes through after hysterectomy unless you live with one who you love as i do. my

wife before she had hers was the most easy going,loving person in the world.

after she had the hysterectomy, for years she was a totally different person

and i did not know what was going on . finally i talked to a guy whose wife had

had the same thing and he told me to get ready for a little hell along the way.

if i had not loved her as i do i would not have been able to cope and our

marriage would have ended. after years she finally settled down to about her

old self and i sure am glad i still have her.

but i can imagine a woman who has been through all that ,on top of the hysterectomy what a lot of pain she must be going through. and for some

jerk to say you women are all alike,would compound all the negative feelings you already have. it is not the woman's fault, it is nature reacting to the trauma

she has been through.

if i thought i had cancer i would get depressed as hell.and to be totally ignored about everything is sure to get you to thinking the wrong way. what is wrong with

these guys,women working in ww2 saved this country and they are an asset

to the military. i don't see how they could make it without them.

the guy needs to take one look at the lady standing next to obama with no legs!!!!!!

Edited by skunk

God bless you, No one should have to go through what you did. I bet this was a cover up to protect careers across the board..I hope things swing your way in a big way...Good luck...Rich

• HadIt.com Elder
I was wondering if anyone could answer the question Wings asked? About the PTSD with Depression?

Yes. The in-service stressor would have to be proven. Unfortunately in this case there are no records to back it up. It would be a uphill battle all the way, that may not be winnable, ever. I hate to say that, but it is just the way I see it from a regulatory point of view. It is sick, twisted, and never should be allowed to happen (nor should the situation that caused the PTSD).

In my opinion, you should get a diagnosis of Mood Disorder due to a General Medical Condition, and file for that as secondary to the cancer and subsequent hysterectomy. Once you have that rating, it would be much easier to get TDIU based on the mood disorder. You should also be getting the SMC K award for loss of a reproductive organ.