VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Side Effects With Medication

Rate this topic

I took the Gabapentin three times per day for 2 years and it did absolutely nothing for me. I also took Hydrocodone and finally setteled on the 10's. I also took Carisporodol which is generic for SOMA. This is a highly addictive muscle relaxer that does work but it will make you dizzier than a Va 800 operator.

You have to have serious spine issues for these meds. Dont stop taking them because of someones overdose, Just make sure you manage them correctly. This can be adversarial to a VA claim if you stop. It is called not following treatment plan and it shows willful adverse conduct.

J

Thanks Jbasser, I did stop taking them because of his death. i start again then I stop because of how I feel after I take them,even only a few days I feel like an addict and that Im just popping pills out of habit not that they actually are helping. I havent had drugs since Late September early October when the Lyrica caused an allergic reaction.

I do have serious spine issues, was told by the spinal injury dr. that i have the neck of a 60 y/old. I was 35 at the time. Although no surgery is scheduled at this time because of my age, I have been weighing steroid injections for about a year now. If I win my claim I will try to do everything they suggest but until then Im gonna fight to stay drug free.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just don't go around telling all your VA docs that you stopped taking the meds, I guess.

I did already, but thanks for the suggestion...............

The meds dont work so I dont know what to tell him. I am afraid to take anything of a higher dosage. I have to work because ya know............ 'nothing is wrong with me' oops sorry, I lied, they say that there is something, actually a LOT, wrong its just not service connected.................. :o :angry::angry: B)

THAT'S COOL EVERYBODY IS LEARNING SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I DON'T HOW SSA THINKS A PERSON IS SUPPOSED WORK IF THERE MEDICATION KEEPS THEM SLEEP, TIRED, DROWSY HALF THE DAY AND ALL NIGHT.

THAT'S COOL EVERYBODY IS LEARNING SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I DON'T HOW SSA THINKS A PERSON IS SUPPOSED WORK IF THERE MEDICATION KEEPS THEM SLEEP, TIRED, DROWSY HALF THE DAY AND ALL NIGHT.

Exactly, that has been my argument all along. Only, mine is with the VA. Ok, so I am supposedly not service connected, so I am not compensated. I have to work full time to take care of my family. But I am sick enough that you prescribe enough meds per day to knock a horse off its feet, oh yeah and Im supposed to work 40 hours a week in constant pain, with no problem. HA gotta laugh to keep from crying.