VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Degenerative Disk Disease

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What about when the C&P examiner:

1 ) States, As likely as not related to military in-service injury.

2 ) States, Muscle spasms with LOM due to pain. This is with consideration of pain, fatigue, repitition, etc...

Thanks,

carlie

Carlie- that is a very positive statement of service connection-

it is the rating that the VA might play games with-

Walter- no goinometer?

I have seen that here at hadit too many times over the years-

You sure are right to question that C & P!

I printed out a blank C & P for something I forget for a local vet to bring to his C & P to make sure the doc goes by the book. It might not even matter-

I think C & Ps are getting the same amount of time and attetion that claims are getting-

5-10 minutes? Ridiculous.

Edited by Berta

Berta, I just had a C and P fo r an increase for The Cervical Spine on Dec 19. The new system was used. Now the VA has the Instructions in the computer and it goes step by step. The DOc performed the C and P and entered the info in the computer as she went along.

Get this my exam in Dec the doc determined my ROM without a goinometer (cervical & lumbar). I'm getting a little aggravated at all this. Not only that, I filed for migraines, submitted supporting documentation that they were related to my C-spine. The migraines were never addressed, except when I told the doc I had them. His diagnoses stated headaches of upper cervical occipital blending with daily neck pains. I have no idea what that means. I don't understand how someone with no residuals can end up with the same percentage of someone in constant pain.....Thanks for listening while I let off some steam.

Be careful. It appears the VA is attempting to relate headaches to your cervical spine. You stated you have migraines. I have the same condition. My migraines are also called hypertensive migraines. The migraine diagnosis needs to include the following. ( Aura) feeling the onset of the headache, Nausea. F;oaters in the eyes. Do you have a copy of the C and P. Are you treated by VA neuro department?.

Dont let headaches get wrapped into the cervical spine if the cause is not the C spine.

Be careful. It appears the VA is attempting to relate headaches to your cervical spine. You stated you have migraines. I have the same condition. My migraines are also called hypertensive migraines. The migraine diagnosis needs to include the following. ( Aura) feeling the onset of the headache, Nausea. F;oaters in the eyes. Do you have a copy of the C and P. Are you treated by VA neuro department?.

Dont let headaches get wrapped into the cervical spine if the cause is not the C spine.

You need to have the migraines rated separately.