VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Options?

Rate this question

dicple13

Question

maybe someone can help me. I am currently employed with a government agency as a supply tech. I am digansoed with chronic PTSD and on my C&P exam back in Feb.08 the examing physician put in writing that I was only employable under a stress free environment with limited interaction from coworkers,whom I have had a bad history with. I do not get along well with the people I work with. I have been suspended for 10 days for a incident and now another has occurred where a propsed termination was a possible option.I am not serviced connected for my PTSD it is in appeal. My employer says there is no way to accomadate me because of my condition.What are my options?

Thanks!

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If they acknowledged all of that stuff, then they should have awarded it. That's just the same kind of bs that the VA always pulls. You should get this one on appeal. If you haven't done so already be sure and ask for a personal hearing with the DRO. That way you can at least talk to someone face to face, which makes it harder for them to pull this crap.

maybe someone can help me. I am currently employed with a government agency as a supply tech. I am digansoed with chronic PTSD and on my C&P exam back in Feb.08 the examing physician put in writing that I was only employable under a stress free environment with limited interaction from coworkers,whom I have had a bad history with. I do not get along well with the people I work with. I have been suspended for 10 days for a incident and now another has occurred where a propsed termination was a possible option.I am not serviced connected for my PTSD it is in appeal. My employer says there is no way to accomadate me because of my condition.What are my options?

Thanks!

You might want to try and obtain a copy of your reprimand for PTSD claim evidence. I used one on my claim. My employer stated in my writeup that I was a good very worker but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut and refrain from making descending remarks and my temper was bad. I would be ok one minute and go off the deep end the next.

I am a DAV Member and I also took this problem with the VA to my Congressman and I look forward to my Appeal hearing with the DRO. I just hope all my additional evidence is enough. Like one member stated the problem is linking my service in combat,which I have all the necessary evidence now....hopefully. Again I want to thank everyone for their help.

• HadIt.com Elder

When the VARO denies your claim they are supposed to give you a letter that tells what they used to consider the claim. You should read this very carefully and make sure that all the information that you submitted was considered. If anything is not listed you should ask the VARO to reconsider or bring it up at your Hearing that your claim was spoilated because the VA did not use evidence it had on hand. Than ask them to approve the claim with an effective date of when you submitted your claim or when you got out of service if you filed within one year of separation.

Good Luck

OK dicple13,this is some of the research i did.If you don't have a cib,purple heart,of any of those other combat medals, (i will list in the next post)that va recognize as a in service stressor.

DESERT STORM VETERANS:Global war on terrorism Service Medal:Global war on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.If you have either one of those Medals;At a minimum.

A.You must provide a stressor that can be documented.

B.The location where the incident took place

C.The approximate date(Within a Two Month Period)of the Incident.

D.The Unit of Asignment at the time the stressful event Occured.

If you was with 19 DELTA CAVALRY SCOUT 1 you probably should have been awarded a CIB.

Dicple13 i don't know whether or not you know,but when you being counseler by your Psychiatrist or interview by C&P examiner,whatever inservice stressor cause you to have ptsd that is what you want to focus on, and talk about,because when it go to the rater,he/she is looking at your medical records to see if your inservice

stressor cause you to have ptsd,that is your nexus.

mobie

Edited by mobie16r