VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Options?

Rate this question

dicple13

Question

maybe someone can help me. I am currently employed with a government agency as a supply tech. I am digansoed with chronic PTSD and on my C&P exam back in Feb.08 the examing physician put in writing that I was only employable under a stress free environment with limited interaction from coworkers,whom I have had a bad history with. I do not get along well with the people I work with. I have been suspended for 10 days for a incident and now another has occurred where a propsed termination was a possible option.I am not serviced connected for my PTSD it is in appeal. My employer says there is no way to accomadate me because of my condition.What are my options?

Thanks!

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

dicple13,I would have it certified and mail it to the RO and on each copy put your claim number at the top.When you certified it,this your proof that you have submit it,just in case it get lost, and you know the va have a way to losing information.

mobie

• In Memoriam

You mentioned that you have a DD-215. I would make sure the VA has the upgrade in your C-file. Ask your DAV rep if he sent this in. The VA was only looking at my DD-214 for 35 years and only this year looked at the DD-215.

Meritorious Unit Citation was also on the list.

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you a federal employee? Weather you are or not inform your treating doctor of your work incident and ask him or her for a medical leave of absence letter to give to your employer. If you are a federal employee then submit for a medical retirement. If not then look into your employers long term disablement package (if any). Either way keep your medical leave of absence paperwork for future VBA submissions. Most likely your employer or employers insurance will hire a doctor to settle medical issues. With a prior past treatment as such you described it would very hard the doctor come up with a different finding. Regardless, you have more medical info to past on to the VA about your condition and employment.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sorry about not getting a CIB but as a 19D thats what an "armor mos"? In order to receive the CIB you have to have a primary MOS of 11B or 11C etc that's one of the reasons the Army created the Combat Action Badge the new one for all other "combat veterans" I remember after the Gulf War all of the clerks at Dort Stewart had the CIB on their uniforms and the 24th Infantry Division had to make the 71 series people take them off just because you are assigned to a "combat division" they can't award a CIB, that has been a bone of contention for decades

That said 2 Armored Division was in combat and the VA are idiots and they have to be educated usually on a case by case basis, they llok for reasons to deny PTSD claims especially, PTSD claims always end up being a progressive disability that gets worse as time goes on and usually the vets end up on TDIU which in reality should be 100% P&T but the VA liked to play games with the ratings and it was easy for them to award IU rather than do the paperwork right to award the 100%, but being like they are they don't realize it's easier to reduce a 100% vet than it is a IU vet, IU basically they have to prove you got better and can work, where 100% they can claim you are now 50% disabled and move to reduce your award

if it involves a VA regional office then fun and games are always just around the corner, I doubt I will ever get comfortable with them until I am dead and buried or have more than 20 years at 100%, which is not such good odds for me, but I am trying to make it to 20 but the odds are not in my favor I have congestive heart failure and that is not a disease that leads to longevity

I hate I missed the issuing of the Combat Action Badge because it would have made my life much easierwith the VA providing proof I was in combat.A 11M and a 19D at the time of Desert Storm where both on a Bradley Fighting Vehicle and dismounted from the back,yet because oof the 11 series MOS he gets a CIB proving he was in combat and a 19D Scout gets nothing but grief ...go figure.

Yes I am a civilian employee and I am thinking about Disibility Retirement but would I also qualify for SS Disability as well?